cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Install Multiple Instances on Multiple Database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are trying to implement multiple instances ( R/3,BW,XI,EP) on Single Server. I knew using MCOD we can install.

But MCOD is not relaible so that i wanted to Install multiple instances on multiple Database. Then we will not have any db schema issues.

Please suggest

-kristene

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kristene,

For NW2004 installations, just select "Create New Database with Your SAP System ID (SYSID)" when installing the central instance, then select the proper database name when installing the database instance.

Not "Use Existing Database" to install the central instance.

At the end, you should see multiple databases in the same DBMS to support the matching SAP instances.

Good luck,

Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kristene,

Sorry... my mistake. The DB installation would ask you the same question again.

Just select "Create New Database with Your SAP System ID (SYSID)" - you should get what you want.

Thank you,

Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Viktor,

I am very interesting about Installing ECC, XI , EP , BI on same machine(same Windows OS) just because of hardware limitation..Than the following question arise :

1.How and Will I be able to connect XI with the ECC since they will have same IPs.??Will I be able to use both (XI and ECC)at same time?

2.If ECC need 1GB Ram and XI needs 1 GB meaning that my machine will require 2 GB as resource?

.Fyi .I will be using IDES in this case

Thanks for your input in advance.

Boby

andreas_herzog
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

a) connections will be made through services, eg. ip plus ports..these have to be unique -> you will be able to connect as long as each instance has specific services of its own

b) well not exactly 2 gb...but: when running xi and ecc on one machine you'd be advised to go for 64bit and will thus need lots of memory...be aware that running multiple sap systems (this way) requires multiple database instances as well...

GreetZ, AH