cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alerts in MS Inbox

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to send emails to an external email app like say Microsoft Inbox via alerts in BPM ? So instead of alert inbox, email should be send to MS Inbox.

-Thx

Bhaven

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Bhaven,

You have 2 options to do the same.

1. In ALRTCATDEF --> CONFIGURATION --> SMTP FORWARDING AS XML. This will send the email to the email id in XML format.

2. In Su01, assign an email id to the recipeint of the Alert . Next, in the Alert Inbox--> Personalization --> Time Independent Delivery --> EMAIL. This will send both an email as well as an entry in the Alert Inbox.

you need to have SCOT configured on your server for this.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh,

I have few questions about the e-mail alerts.

1) Can we give more than 1 e-mail id in the ALRTCATDEF --> CONFIGURATION --> SMTP FORWARDING AS XML box? I am tried inputting 2 emails with a semicolon which is not working. It worked with 1 email id in there.

2) Do we need to restart XI when we change the values in ALRTCATDEF?

I reverted the changes I made to the configuration in ALRTCATDEF. I am not getting any alerts now.

Please help.

Kalyan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

alerts from the inbox can be forewarder to any mail recipient - so MS or any other mail server

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michal and Moorthy. Points awarded.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaven,

It is possible.. You need to configure the Email Address in the SU01 transaction. And SCOT configuration also required

Go thru this helps-

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/43/1b9259fb002be8e10000000a11466f/frameset.htm

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy