Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a new reciever to an existing integration scenario of conf in PI7.0

venkatasap
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SapAll.

here i have got a requirement to add one more reciever to an existing integration scenario in Integration Directory(Configuration).

this Integration scenario is for sending the idoc MATMAS.MATMAS05 From 5 Different SAP-R/3 Systems to 2 Recievers.

here iam using 5 different business systems with idoc communication channels for sending idocs and 2 business systems for recieving idocs in file format with file adapters.

so when iam trying to create new reciever detarmination or Interface Determination, it says object already exists.

but i can created reciever agreement without any error.

so can anybody guide me on how to create the Interface,Reciever Determinations without any error.

regards.

Varma

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Varma,

If you are sending 5 idocs to 2 different receiver systems, you would only need one receiver determination. make use of condition editor in receiver determination and populate all details based on the condition.

Iam not certain why you need 2 different receivers unless its a different scenario all together.

Regards,

Pavan

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this Integration scenario is for sending the idoc MATMAS.MATMAS05 From 5 Different SAP-R/3 
Systems to 2 Recievers.

Do you have any condition for routing the IDOCs to different receivers?

i guess it should be ,other wise how will you decide which one (out of 5) to send to which system

( to 3 diff systems)?..Do you have same FTP server at receiver with different folders?

If you are having such condition then add one more Business component in existing RD with some condition.

Regards,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

you need to add one more receiver (i.e. your receiver system connection (Comm.channel) parameters are the only change)

and RD/ID has only reference to component name.... that's why it is giving the message (RD/ID is exist)...

your receiver agreement only has the reference of CC so you need to create it, and must use existing RD/ID....(with some condition if required)

venkatasap
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi .

Yes i had assigned a new reciever business system with the communication channel to the reciever agreement,reciever determination,Interface determination .

but the pi says the object alredy exists.

i cont understand what u said in the previous thread,can u just explain me briefly

will be waitng for your answer.

regards.

Varma.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
so when iam trying to create new reciever detarmination or Interface Determination, it says object already exists.

Can you ensure that this is the very first time you are creating the ID objects for the source-target pair?

If possible can you check/ search in ID if there actually exists objects....or if the objects are deleted....can you confirm that they were deleted and activated properly?

venkatasap
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi.

here there has been 5 business systems with communication channels(IDOC SENDER) ,two reciever business systems with FILE Communication channels already created in Configuration,now i just created a new business system with file communication channel .

when iam trying to create a reciever detarmination from one of the existing sender system say like BUS_SENDER2 to new reciver system ex:NEW_BUS_RECIEVER it says object already exists.

can u guide me on how to create a new recievr determination from one of sender to new recievr system.

regards.

Varma

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
now i just created a new business system with file communication channel

Why have a Business System for a FILE channel? We normaly use Business Component/ Service.

You mentioned IDOC SENDER channels....why? For IDOC we just create Receiver channels...unless you want to specify IDOC packaging.

when iam trying to create a reciever detarmination from one of the existing sender system say like BUS_SENDER2 to new 
reciver system ex:NEW_BUS_RECIEVER it says object already exists.

Receiver Determination can have the same BUS_SENDER2 system/ service as sender....but it should not have the same Interface Name....this is where PI is throwing the error.

There already exists a Receiver Detremination with BUS_SENDER2 as source system and the same message interface.

You can reuse the same RD by just entering one more receiver system/ service below the already existing one (in the RD)

In short just search your ID and you will see a RD created with the source details which you are trying to use.

If you want to see a difference, then create a new sender service/ system and then use this to create the RD!

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

1.Check whether u have activated the change list may be a chance u would have created earlier .

2.we dont generally use a Business system for a file .

3. you don have to create a new reciver determination..Add ur receivin Business sytem or Sevice for the Idoc Matmas.

since u need a new file reciver according to ur purpose

Regards,

Robin c

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>so when iam trying to create new reciever detarmination or Interface Determination, it says object already exists.

if PI says the object exists then it exists - just create other objects that do not exist

and you will have the scenario working

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk