cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to install a CMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi friends

we are implementing SAP HR in our company. we have ECC 5.0(Aix 5.3 64 bit with oracle 9i) and we have a requirement to implement CMS (content mangement server) for the payroll & uploading of employee photos.

could you please help in providing us the overview of what are the requirements of installing a CMS in SAP.We only have one windows 32 bit machine with 160 gb of hard disk and 2 gb ram. So do we need to purchase another machine or can we configure the CMS on this spare machine.

also, is it possible to configure the CMS on the SAP application server with existing landscape without the need of buying a new hardware.

i would really appreciate if you could help me on this topic. I have read the CMS help document but i need expertise from people who have implemented CMS or are planning to do , to know what is the best practice.

thanks in advance.

Regards

Nate.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think theres a confusion here... You are not looking for CMS you are looking for a SAP Content Server to use as a repository for your employee pics.

In any case installation guide is available at SAP Marketplace

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks juan for your reply...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi my friend

You could install CMS (usage type DI) in 2 ways:

1. Install it as a standalone instance of with NW 640 SAPinst, which I recommend to go with because of flexibility.

2. Patch all necessary components by SDM to an existing AS Java instance, to find needed components in SWDC:

Support Packages and Patches - Entry by Application Group" SAP NetWeaver" SAP NETWEAVER" SAP NETWEAVER 04" Entry by Component" Development Infrastructure

> also, is it possible to configure the CMS on the SAP application server with existing landscape without the need of buying a new hardware.

As you mentioned, needing a new server or going with current hardware depends on the workload of this DI instance. If it'll be in charge of transports and development work for a number of Java instances, you can get a general idea from http://service.sap.com/quicksizer

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI buddy

thank you so much for your reply.

i guess i didn't mention but we have SAP ABAP only system and we dont SAP WEB AS JAVA. So could we install CMS on SAP ABAP only.

Also, i have to download the CMS from service marketplace and install it on my windows machine because i have read that CMS can only be installed on windows platform and not on AIX.

please correct me if i am wrong.

many thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

> i guess i didn't mention but we have SAP ABAP only system and we dont SAP WEB AS JAVA. So could we install CMS on SAP ABAP only.

Or you could install a new Java stack on an existing ABAP instance, there's an option "install Java add-in" provided by SAPinst.

> Also, i have to download the CMS from service marketplace and install it on my windows machine because i have read that CMS can only be installed on windows platform and not on AIX.

Is this CMS you mentioned "Change Management Server"? If so, it could be installed on any OS supported by SAP as usage type "Development Infrastructure", such as Windows, Linux, AIX, HP-UX, i5/OS and Solaris etc......

Regards,