cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

exempted cost element not working for budget availability control

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have configure the exempted cost element in our sandbox client. In the SAP IMG menu Project System -> Costs ->Budget-> Specify exempted cost element I maintain the following entry.

COAr cost element Origin Group

0200 433010 *

Then in the material master of a material I maintain the origin group in costing 1 view as 001. Then I do a material issue against the network of a WBS in MB1A tr code mvt type 281 and post the cost to the cost element 433010. As per the exempted cost element logic this should not affect the budget availability since the cost element 433010 is define as an exempted cost element. But the system shows actual incurrence for this transaction and reduce that must amount from the budget. I check this is the S_ALR_87013558 report. To re-ensure I do the Project Info database rebuilt in CJEN tr code then activate the availability control in CJBN but this is of no use. The S_ALR_87013558 still shows the budget available as total budget minus the cost incurred in the cost element 433010 in the above transaction.

Please let me know if anybody has configured the exempted cost element in their client and have resolve this issue.

Thanks and regards'

Preetam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is a std SAP Functionality and system should exempt the costs for the cost element maintained in the Configuration for that Controlling Area.

Muzamil

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please make sure that the CoArea mentioned in project and exempted cost element config are same.