cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inerface to BAPI Interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement where in i need to create a BAPI as a separate interface and then call this BAPI in a BPM created in another interface. This BAPI interface is to be created in a genaralized format for reusability.

Is it possible to achieve this through BPM? I had checked a blog showing the BAPI that was created as a webservice froim R3 but then my requirement is to create it as a separate interface and then from XI i define it as a web service.

Please advice.

Thanks in advance,

Sai

Edited by: Saikumar on Apr 4, 2010 7:42 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As said above if you want to just call BAPI...then you can wrap it in FM and can Expose the same as RFC and can invoke from XI or PI...directly...

No need of using either webservice or BPM...provided your requirement is just to call BAPI...

HTH

Rajesh

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SOAP --> XI (BPM) --> Target .... where your Target is using/ hosting the BAPI (SAP system)....so now you have exposed the BAPI as a WebService.

Is it possible to achieve this through BPM?

You want to use a BPM just to expose the BAPI or there is really a need to use BPM.....if it is just to expose the BAPI as webservice then a BPM is not needed.

Is there any other functionality involved in your scenario?

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Both,

I need to access an external system multiple times which is why we are going for BPM.

This BAPI interface step is one among the many steps included in the process.

Is it possible to achieve this step in BPM? If so please advice.

Regards,

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes its possible to use the same in BPM...

you need to create the appropriate the objects in ID....(receiver determination,ID,...)

HTH

Rajesh