cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiver File adapter - 'Empty Message Handling' option to ignore not worki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to create the Files in receiver based on condition.But I am gettiung error in communication channel when there is no payload. Receiver I am usuing FCC and processing tab I selected -'Empty Message Handling' option to ignore .

one source -> Target 1 (0..1 occurance in signature tab changed, message mapping and operation mapping)

and Target 2 (0..1 occurance in signature tab changed)

and I put the message type level condition. While creating first message If did not create the Message type in my maaping still my Receiver File communication channel is giving error. even thow I my receiver interface occurance is 0..1

Right now I am in PI7.1 and SP7 is the bug for support pack do I am missing any thing. and do I need to upgrade any nwe patch. appreciate your help.

Regards,

Venu.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

As a workaround can you use a BPM and check for the non-empty value for any particular element in the message content.

If you don't find any value for that particular feild you can stop the creation of file through BMP.

If you don't want to use BPM ,please refer the following blog which explains the adapter module creation to handle similar event.

Not sure if any patch upgrade can help you in this regard.

/people/gowtham.kuchipudi2/blog/2006/01/13/stop-creation-of-an-empty-file-from-file-adapter-using-module

Regards

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not creating any xml tags when the condition is not matched, becuase my traget occurance is 0..1 then I won't get any xml tags in SXMB_MONI under Technical Routing for first message. (Let's in my case two targets first one fails)

When I test the payload in mapping and I am seeing for first one Messages->Message1 but these two tags also will not coming in SXMB_MONI why my receiver communication channel is get triggering I am not understanding....Occurance 0..1 means not mandatory to create target Interface..Appriciate if any one has any idea about this... without BPM I want to handle this situation...we have receiver file adapter has option 'ignore' but still it's not working

Regards,

Venu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When u r creating the target message type,in mapping... if u dnt want to create the messages based on condition means....

U need to create only the message type name in target.

Make sure that in Operation mapping also u have specified the occurence of interface as 0..1.

So now in ur mapping please create the target message name always even if u dont want to create the message and remaining part empty for the same..

let us know the result

Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Babu,

Same thing I did in my message mapping and opeartion mapping. even in Integration directory I am able to see my Interface determination both receiver interface occurance is 0..1

here is the my requirment one source -> two target interfacess (0..1)

when I test my message mapping..here is the result

<messages>

<messages1>

based on condition first message type not created in mapping.

<messgaes2>

I am createing second message type based on conditon..

when I go to SXMB_MONI and I am seeing only second message type payload in technical routing but still my first communication channel got triggered and showing content conversion error..

I just want to know did any body creating multie files using FCC based on condition with single receiver.

Regards,

Venu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

here is the my requirment one source -> two target interfacess (0..1)

If u have 2 target interfaces,then this is not suffice..... u should make it as 0..unbounded both in operation mapping and message mapping.

But based on ur requirements posted above i guess u have only one inbound interface at a time based on some conditions....

But,

<messages>

<messages1>

based on condition first message type not created in mapping.

<messgaes2>

The error u r getting is because.... u want only one interface in target at a time....

Then u should not generate Message1 also in the target.

So avoid mapping to message1 if u want only message2.

If both message1 and message2 are created in target means... it is triggering for two interfaces.... so avoid one message1 or message2... based on some conditions u have..

Still nt solved do post...

Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Babu,

Even if we make change in mapping to 0..unabounded still Messages ->Message1 will appear in the mapping. those occurance is coming as 1..1 this I did not find to make as 0..1

When the condition is satisfied I will create both files else based on condition I will create the file.

My target I have two inbound interfaces with different sturctures...but source only one... Plesae let me know if you create multi ples file based on condition at receiver end using receiver FCC. My receiver structures are differenet and I have each structure each inbound Interface.

Regards,

Venu.