cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message area in Popup

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to display a popup and I am using that, I have abt 10 fields in the popup.Now out of them 8 are mandatory.

I need to display an error message in the popup itself , if the mandatory fields are not filled.

Now this is happening if I set the parameter close_in_any_case of the create_window methid.

Now on YES , the document is posted.

Now what happens is that in case the user has enterd all fields and say the document is created on click of Yes , the sucess messages also appear in the popup and it doesnt close.

Now whatI need is to play with the parameter close_in_any_case and close it in caseof a sucess posting and display the sucess message on the main page and not the popup.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In your calling window you wil have pop up window reference, you can try to call close method of if_wd_window to close the window. Once window is close then display the success message by getting the message manager reference of calling window.

Regards

Manas Dua

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member628395
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are using either of the methods, REPORT_SUCCESS or REPORT_ERROR_MESSAGE for you purpose, both have a import

parameter called VIEW. You can try passing your view name, on which you want the message to appear, to this parameter.

Regards,

Sagar

Former Member
0 Kudos

while calling methode to display message in your main page , pass the main page view name also in it

like below

CALL METHOD wd_comp_controller->gref_msg_manager->report_success

EXPORTING

message_text = 'No Inconsistencies found'

view = 'ZVIEW_MAIN'. <----

Here

Edited by: Akash on Apr 5, 2010 12:07 PM