cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection lot issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have a different requirement from my client side that they have the following scenario.

case 1: BOM structure is

FG-SFG1-SFG2-SFG3-SFG4-SFG5-RAW MATERIAL

means under one FG 5 SFGs and under SFG5 Raw material is assigned.

for them for FG only they need 04 insp.type Insepction lot ,and for rest they dont want.After that they will issue certificate to customer for that lot.

for that no issue.

case 2: some times they are selling SFG2 to custmer as spare.

The Requirement is that time they need 04 inspection lot for SFG2 to issue certificate to customer.Is it possible.

Because if we assign 04 for SFG2 in case 1also system will create lot which dont want.

Here I want to give more details that ours is Make to order scenario.

So we need 04 lot should generate only for Material which was there in Sales order as line item.

Please help in this matter.

Thanks and Regards,

Prasad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member662213
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

better to have inspection at the time of delivery(10) rather than at the time of production(04), it will lead to the single process in both the cases and eacy for client also.

Thanks

SUMIT.

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Prasad,

Under the circumstances you have quoted, I agree with Craigu2019s solution. For generating certificate, inspection lot is must. If you donu2019t want to go in for 04 type then either 89 or 10 will be the only options left. Get back if you encounter any issues while mapping so.

Best regards,

Anand Rao

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I see two options for this and it depends on the frequency.

1 - Create manual 89 inspection lots when this is needed and record the results.

2 - Turn on inspection type 10 for the SFG2 material. You'll get an inspection lot each time that material is shipped on a delivery. You can then use that lot to record your results.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Prasad,

Please confirm whether you have defined SFG1, SFG2 ......as separate materials and you are doing production confirmations for each material?

If it is so then you have to assign and remove the 04 insp type for that SFG whenever needed.

It is well possible to generate insp lot for SFG, provided you are defining it is separate material ( not part of routing operation) and assigning 04 insp type.

Best Regards,

Shekhar