cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit limet in Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Can we maintain the credit limet in the sles order irrespective of customer and credite control area,means we dont want to maintain the credit limet in the customer wise, the credit limet should be in the sales order level.

when we create the sales order for any customer for particular MC's and site combination if the credit limet exceded system should not allow to create the sales order.

Regards,

Murali.M

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your requirement is rather unique and it seems to me some ABAP coding might be the only solution. I am only giving a conceptual solution and the exact ABAP details could be provided by an ABAP expert. Also, I havenu2019t tried this solution myself but it could be worth a try in your development environment.

Solution:

Below user exits are provided by SAP that can be used to design credit checks which are different than the credit checks provided in the standard system.

1) LVKMPTZZ

2) LVKMPFZ1: USER_CREDIT_CHECK1

3) LVKMPFZ2: USER_CREDIT_CHECK2

4) LVKMPFZ3: USER_CREDIT_CHECK3

Following logic could be used in the user exits -

The user exit triggers when the sales order is saved and puts a credit block for a particular sales order type.

I am assuming that you want to put a credit limit for a particular sales order type.

A custom Z table could store the predefined credit limit for a particular sales order type.

When the user exit is triggered (at order save), it would compare the total value of the sales order against the predefined credit limit in the Z table for that sales order type. If the value exceeds the credit limit, it would put a credit block on the sales order just like the credit block that is put under normal circumstances when the customer credit limit is exceeded.

The credit block could then be removed using VKM3.

Do let me know if this helps.

Cheers,

Shailabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks done

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can also achieve your requirement by creating an LC document.

You can not maintain (as far as I know) credit limit at sales order level. Credit Limits are either centralized or de-centalized; means every customer of a company can have either same credit limit or specific credit limit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

I think, yes you can.

Go to T-code OB45 --> Set the credit limit in your credit control area. --> Now go to T-code VOV8 --> select your order type --> in the field Check credit limit --> choose the required option.

Now for any customer, when you will create the order more then the credit limit.System will give you the error.

Hope it helps,

Regards,

MT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear MT,

I have configured the settings which you have suggested. but system is allowing to create the SO more then the credit limit which i have maintained in the 0B45.

pls do the needfull..

Regards,

Mruali.M

sidi_reghioui
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Is you requirement not fulfilled with the explanation from MT?

If your customer is going above the credit limit you cannot create a sales order.

Or are you rather trying to achieve a release strategy?

regards

Sidi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

Before suggesting you, I have already tested in my system and its working perfect.

Read again my previous post and follow step by step.

Have you maintained the limit in OB45?

Have you choose the check credit limit option in order type VOV8?

When you are creating the new order, is your order value exceeding the amount which you have maintained in OB45?

Regards,

MT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MT,

The credit limit that you define for the credit control area in transaction OB45 will create new customer credit master record (similar to the one created using FD32 transaction) automatically for all new customer master records created. So what you are suggesting will effectively work for new customers but not for already existing ones.

Cheers.

Ashish