Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting a File with Date Time using FTP in a BPM scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have got a following requirement within the BPM ::-

Step 1: We receive a file from an external system using FTPS with File Content Conversion Mode. The file is a comma separated file.

Step 2 : We need to write the same file without any changes in data elements to another File System. The file to be written will be comma separated.

Step 3 : The data will be mapped to an RFC and there will be a RFC Call to the ECC system.

Step 4 : On successful call to RFC, the file will be dumped into the SAP File system also.

The issue here is in Step 2. The additional requirement for Step 2 is to name the file with the following convention -

ABCDEF_<Date in MMDDYYYY>_<Time in HHMMSS>_<Time in ms>_data.txt

Can you help me on how to configure this from within the BPM ? I have seen blogs and replies in forum on using UDF's for the same. I am not sure on how to do this in BPM.

Please help !!!

Thanks,

Amit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont think you required BPM in this case,you can achieve this requirement using Multi mapping.

3 Receive comunication channels

1)to send file to receive File directory9Content conversion required)

2)RFC Receiver Communication channel to make a cal to SAP ECC to send RFC..

3)One more File communication channel to send data to SAP File System.

refer below blog.

/people/jin.shin/blog/2006/02/07/multi-mapping-without-bpm--yes-it146s-possible

Regarding r file name use dynam ic configuration UDF or ASMA to chnage file name format to your desired format,if you decided to use UDF then map root nod of receiver file structure in multimapping.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using BPM coz we are raising custom alerts for each failure of message within the flow. Even the posting of messages in each of the steps is dependent on the success of previous step. So we can't get out of BPM here.

Is there any solution to my problem when using BPM ?

Thanks,

Amit

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK,even if you are using BPM,you have to develop 3 individual mappings,and in one message mapping between File to file create User defined function and map to root node.

it will work.

Regards,

Raj

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The question is answered