cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage location XXXX is HU-managed. Entry not possible

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am trying to use Hu02 Transaction for creating new HU for a Finished material using a packagind material. When I enter the plant and st.loc, it is giving me an error

'Storage location XXXX is HU-managed. Entry not possible'

This St.loc is HU managed.

And also someone please explain me the reason for every HU managed location having a partner st.loc. what happens if I dont maintain a partner St.location.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

>

> Hello All,

>

> I am trying to use Hu02 Transaction for creating new HU for a Finished material using a packagind material. When I enter the plant and st.loc, it is giving me an error

> 'Storage location XXXX is HU-managed. Entry not possible'

>

> This St.loc is HU managed.

>

> And also someone please explain me the reason for every HU managed location having a partner st.loc. what happens if I dont maintain a partner St.location.

>

> Thank you.

Normally, you create a handling unit by taking materials and packing them. If the stock is in a HU managed storage location, it implies it is already packed, and has a handling unit number associated with it - which means you are trying repack a handling unit, hence you should mention the HU number,and not the material number(s).

The role of partner storage location comes when you unpack the handling unit. You need to specify the sloc where the stocks will go when a handling unit is unpacked. If you do not maintain a storage location, my guess is that the system will throw an error when you try to unpack a HU (I havent tested it though).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Aroop,

Thank you for the reply.I think I you answered my first question.

on the second question, I think you can also move the stock to an interim storage location i.e. 923 and pack.bin to unpack and if needed repack it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Aroop,

Once I move the material to 923, Packbin. How do I unpack it and repack it? because if I an using Hu02, it giving me the same error.

Thank You

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hello Aroop,

>

> Once I move the material to 923, Packbin. How do I unpack it and repack it? because if I an using Hu02, it giving me the same error.

>

> Thank You

To unpack:

In HU02, go to handling units tab, provide the HU number on the top, select and click on unpack button on the left.

To repack.

In HU02, go to handling units tab, provide the parent material number on the top and the HUs to be packed at the bottom. Select the line on the top and the bottom HUs and click on pack. A TO will get created. I assume you are in 923/PACK.BIN.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Aroop

Answers (0)