cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webdynpro Fileupload ui element problem!!!

0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have a fileupload ui element in my WDA. when we select the file using browse button, the local path of the file is reflected in the input field. I have a upload button for this ui element to which I have attached one action but in this event I want the whole path of the file as its getting reflected in the input field initially when I selected the file.

Is there anyway to accomplish this task?

Thanks,

Sonal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

What browser are you using. According to the online help the fileName property gets filled differently by different browsers:

Depending on the browser either the entire path is specified (Microsoft Windows Internet Explorer), or just the file name (Firefox, Safari).

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/e1/77c1411eb0da6fe10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Like many things with the fileUpload UI element (which is really the HTML construct <input type=file>), we are at the mercy of the browser security model.

0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I am using Internet Explorer 8.0 (IE 8).

Do we have any workaround solution for it?

Thanks,

Sonal

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

IE8 may have changed to align with the way that Firefox and Safari work. I don't know of anything that you can do to change this functionality as it is controlled by the browser.

Answers (0)