cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC AC Install

Former Member
0 Kudos

The installation Guide says Enterprise Portal is an optional component of SAP NetWeaver 7.0 (2004s) SP 12. It is required if you

install the file VIREPRTA00_0.sca.

Based on this statement, my question is since GRC AC 5.3 is an addon on standalone Netweaver 7.0 Java stack, should I use Usage types AS JAVA with EP &; EP Core during install

"or"

I will use only AS JAVA during install of standalone stack and install EP on a seperate system.

Thanks,

Haleem.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Haleem,

You don't need the full EP installaton. Just install using - Usage types AS JAVA with EP &; EP Core.

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alpesh

1- Do I have to first install standalone Netweaver 7.0 stack with usage types AS JAVA, EP, EP Core.

2- Then Deploy SCA files for CC, AE, FF, RE

3- Then Deploy the Portal RTA?

Please correct me if the above sequence of steps are wrong.

Thanks in advance,

Haleem

Edited by: abdul haleem on Apr 5, 2010 8:31 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. You can not do 2 and 3 without installing WAS as GRC AC is an add-on to NW.

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Alpesh.

Last question.

So I will install (3) EP RTA on the standalone WAS system, where I have installed GRC AC 5.3 Add-On.

Next,

I will install RTA on backend systems such as (ECC, HR, BI etc).

(In the above case, I will have (a) EP RTA installed on JAVA stack frontend where GRC AC is installed and (b) ECC, HR BI RTAs installed on ABAP Stack backend)

Plz let me know, if I am right.

Thanks,

Haleem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you are right. This is exactly what you need to do.

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Alpesh for helping me out. I have one more question for you.

So, my understanding is that, after I will install (3) EP RTA on the standalone WAS system (with usage types AS JAVA, EP, EP Core), where I have already installed GRC AC 5.3 Add-On. next, I will install RTA on backend systems such as (ECC, HR, BI etc).

My 2 queries are

1. Can I install another EP RTA on a seperate EP System (considering this seperate stanalone EP System as another backend system just like ECC, HR, BI etc)?

If my above statement holds right, then it would mean I will have EP RTA on front end ( containing AS JAVA, EP, EP Core with GRC AC 5.3 Add-on) as well EP RTA on backend system (locaton of standalone EP Server).

2. Does SAP support the GRC Architecture having EP RTA on the front-end as well as EP RTA on the back-end?

Pl. correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks,

Haleem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answer to both of your questions is 'YES'.

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alpesh,

Thanks!

Is there any additional advantage of installing standalone Netweaver 7.0 system with usage types (AS JAVA, EP, EP Core) and then installing GRC AC Add-on on top of it in comparision to just installing standalone Netweaver 7.0 system with usage type (AS JAVA) and then installing GRC AC Add-on on top of it.

I mean, what additional features can EP & EP Core give to GRC AC 5.3 if installed with mandatory componet Netweaver 7.0 AS JAVA?

Thanks,

Haleem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Haleem,

It is not needed but if you want to provision GRC AC users via CUP then it would be helpful. Other than that, there is no advantage of installing EPCore on the WAS server.

Hope this helps.

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, Alpesh.

Answers (0)