cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Central Monitoring

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to configure Central Monitoring for our environment and having problems getting the auto reactions to work on the satalite systems. I've installed the CCMS agent on the satalite but when the events occur that should trigger the auto reaction nothing is happening. The auto reactions occur fine on the central system.

My questions are, is the CCMS agent required on the central server as well as the satalite systems for the Central auto reaction to occur?

On my central monitoring server, shouldn't I be able to see all the satalite nodes in the list in RZ20? If so, how do I add them? The only place I see the monitoring occurring centrally is in transaction DSWP under system monitoring. Why don't these systems show up in RZ20?

My auto Reactions are created on the Central Monitoring Server only. According to the documentation. When I look on the satalites they are not on those servers. Should they be?

Is there any clear documentation on setting this up?

Thanks,

Lee

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lee,

Did you followed the procedure for configuring the Central monitoring as per the below guide.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/804129e9-fff0-2b10-e7ad-fc7ed7cf5...

Guide will clear you , you all doubts.

Thanks

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

You do not need CCMS agents on Centeral Monitoring system.

In order to see all system in RZ20 of Solution Manager, you will have to add each system over there. You wont be able to see satelite systems directly.

Have you configured MTE for each alerts?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response. I have configured my MTE's in RZ20 and I can see all the systems the environment. I installed the CCMS agent on one of my nodes to test with. Im trying to figure out how to associate the alerts that I see in RZ20 with the autoreactions in RZ21? I want to send alerts out for batch jobs from solution manager.

What I did was, went into RZ21,

Technical infrastructure - configure central system - assign central auto reactions

selected my system for system ID

selected R3BPServerSpecAbortedJobs for MTE Class

selected Z_CCMS_OnAlert_Emial-V2_Batch

I created the Z_CCMS_OnAlert_Emial_V2_Batch from CCMS_OnAlert_Emial_V2 and adjusted the paramters to use a distribution list which I created in client 000 and put my emial address in. Im using Recipient -typeid C

But when jobs fail, that I think should trigger an alert, Im not seeing anything go into SCOT.

FYI.. emialing from SO01 is working fine so there is no problem with the emial just with the auto-reaction.

Any thoughts on how to test this?

Thanks

Lee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would suggest use your email id first to see if alerts are coming or not. Use type "U" for that.

Other option, in RZ20 of solman see if your satellite system is collecting alerts or not. You can see alert history from top menu bar. If not then check MTE for background job and verify if autoreaction method is assigned properly or not