SAP for Oil, Gas, and Energy Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and navigate the evolving energy landscape. Join the conversation today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Valuation Inactive

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to all,

Curently we are using SAP ECC 6.0 with IS-Oil for upstream industry in Pakistan.

We are having a problem of valuation inactive with error displayed as BCD_OVERFLOW.

We investigated internally i found that some datatypes fields are short on the value system is producing, for this reason overflow occurs. This overflows occurs only for large volumes or if the amount exceeds 1 million PKR.

We are using the currency PKR.

Is anyone facing the same type of problem, and if then how they catered to this?

It will be highly appreciated if anyone can help us on this issue.

Thanking you all in advance.

Best Regards,

Samad Farooq

92-333-2131219

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Before making changes to datatype length, I would request to check the master data for that Delivery Network like formula etc.

Valutaion formula would play an important role in valuation. Please check if this works to you

Can you please send more details on the error

Regards

Girish

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Before making changes to datatype length, I would request to check the master data for that Delivery Network like formula etc.

Valutaion formula would play an important role in valuation. Please check if this works to you

Can you please send more details on the error

Regards

Girish

Former Member
0 Kudos

This i guess will be typically happening in tax related fields which generally have a character length of 10, the best option as suggested earlier is to check the valuation formula to check .

Also would like to know if the said error appears on normal valuation or during check input.

The other option would be to split the lines if during the check input process

Sameer Godbole