cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initial / max. swap requirement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

we are runing ECC5 on windows 2k3 enterprice Edition, we have 8GB physical Memory.

But in rz10 instance profile-->basic maintenance it shows ==> Initial / max. swap requirement = 3612 MB / 5520 MB

i think it suppose to so 8192 MB?

Please advice what to do

Regards,

Hiten

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

in rz10 instance profile-->basic maintenance it shows ==> Initial / max. swap requirement = 3612 MB / 5520 MB

It shows the approximate total memory requirements of application server. It will consider the memory set and configured swap space/virtual space values.

Recommended Swap space size (Paging File Size--also known as virtual memory) based on OS version:

■ 32-bit: 1 GB plus 3 times RAM.

Maximum required is 10 GB.

■ 64-bit: At least 20 GB is recommended for standard installations

To check paging file size:

1. Right-click My Computer and choose Properties.

2. Choose Advanced u2192 Performance Options.

3. If required, in section Virtual Memory, choose Change.

PHYS_MEMSIZE = Available main memory for SAP instance to Run. You have to set it 70% of your total Installed Physical RAM size. 20% to 30% will be reserved for DB operations and 10% should be left for OS itself.

Please refer this useful SAP Note 88416 - Zero administration memory management as of 4.0A/ Windows to get more information on "How to set optimum value of PHYS_MEMSIZE parameter in different landscape scenarios".

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You

Former Member
0 Kudos
i think it suppose to so 8192 MB?

that do you want to set to 8192 MB? Are you have DB on same server? Any other application like trex or content server?

8GB is low for production system (Of course anything can be).

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I have DB in same server. and i have 1 application server also.

Regards,

Hiten

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are not answer

that do you want to set to 8192 MB

?

If you speak about PHYS_MEMSIZE if you set it to 8192,

for DB and OS you give all availabe ~ 0 GB ?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes i want to set to 8192 MB..please advice how to do ....if i set 8192 than it will effect my server perfomance?