cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Ranges Change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As due to the new financial year we need to change the series of numbers , so i have changed the current number and given a new number by going to change current number in number ranges .

I done the it for sales order , delivery and billing.

Now when i am creating as sales order , its saved in the current number which i have given. But when i am trying to save the delivery system is generating a number. But unable to view the details in document flow . and more the status for the sales order is still open. system is allowing me to generate another delivery document for the same sales order. Unable to process the billing documents also

Regards

Gsg

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check this link for Number Ranges Changes:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60/helpdata/EN/96/8b3d8543ce11d189ee0000e81ddfac/content.htm

Regards

Sai

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont think it is problem with Numbe ranges,

You have to check in order - delivery copy control & check whether "Update document flow" is marked or not?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Document flow is checked in the copy control

Regards

gsg

sidi_reghioui
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you just change number range from - to, or did you also change the number range number>

If it is the last, you have to assign it to the delivery and billing document properly.

Regards

Sidi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sidi,

I only changed the current number, i did not change from and to also

Regards

gsg

sidi_reghioui
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

if you changed the number like:

Ranges

Nr from to

19 1900000000 1999999999

to something like

Ranges

Nr from to

20 1900000000 1999999999

keeping same from and to, but changing the range number

then you need to assign the number range for the billing documents in VFOA , select your billing type and assign the number range

For delivery note you do the same in 0VLK

regards

Sidi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the reply

i changed the number like this

Ranges

Nr from to

19 1900000000 1999999999

current number 1900000210

to something like

Ranges

Nr from to

19 1900000000 1999999999

current number 1900000001

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Current Number 1900000210 from your old number range status. which means deliveries from 1900000000 to 1900000210

already exists. So you cant create one more delivery with same number, though you create system save the delivery within the existing number range. But when you display the delivery, it will take you to the existing delivery number, but not against this new sales order neither it shows in doc flow-

The changes in number range you have provided is not feasible. Still if you want , then you have to archive earliers documents & start using with the same range.

sidi_reghioui
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Display the delivery note number in VL03N to see if it is really created.

I doubt it is not created.

After delivery note you should do PGI before doing billing.

regards

Sidi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can view the delivery document in vl03n , i did PGI also. but i cannot view the details of delivery in document flow.

Regards

gsg

harry_wu
Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Is the delivery actually created? What's the number?

2. Is there any update termination or short dump?