cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inprocess Inspection - Change of status INSP to REL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends

How to change the status of Inprocess Inspection lot from INSP to REL?

Waiting for the response.

Thanks

Sachin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member662213
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

In that Case, go to change inspection lot, in that go to inspection lot in menu bar > then select functions> cancel ispection lot.

The status of the inspection lot would be cancelled.

Thanks

SUMIT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sumit

For doing this, Insp lot has to be in REL status. But now it is in INSP.

Thanks

Sachin

lakshmi_prasad7
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi friend

You will get system status rel after result recording

former_member662213
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

Why do you want to change the status from INSP to REL.

In standard SAP, it is not possible.

Thanks

SUMIT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit

Actually, I want to cancel the inspection lot for which this status is not allowing me to cancel.

Thanks

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sachin,

If you have not given UD so far and the status is 'INSP'

best way to deal is canceling of insp lot, do following

MIGO >> select 'cancellation' against 'material document' put the desired material document >> check and post >> lot status will be LTCA.

Hope this will help you.

Best Regards,

Shekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shekhar

I am asking for Insprocess Inspection lot, for which there will not be any material docment. So, we may not cancel the lot through MIGO in this case.

Thanks

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sachin,

As the inspection type 03 stock ir-relevant you will not able to play any thing with the material documents. Ans as so far my information concern you will only allowed to block the lots. As the lot status is INSP there.

To block the lot you shall follow the Path Inspection lot->Function->Block in trx QA02. Then the lot status will be LKD.

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Shyamal,

This is the only option remained now.

Thanks

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sachin,

Meaning of INSP is you have done result recording, tell me how system will remove it from system. The status will be INSP for that lot until you give UD. This is best SAP practice.

The in-process insp lot is generated once you release the prd. order, so pl check with your PP person whether it works by technically closing that prd order.

Other option is apply inspection point to that routing, so if needed you can enter other set of results for record.

Best Regards,

Shekhar

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The lot is an 03 lot. It was created via a process or production order.

To cancel this lot, since you already recorded results, go into the lot and remove any results recorded.

Then go to the production order or process order and from the menu bars I beleive it is under EDIT-->Additional functions. you should be able to find it. Under additional functions should be a choice "cancel inspection lot".

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I tried as you suggested. It is not happening. System is giving message "insp lot can no longer be deleted"

Thanks

Sachin

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Had you done any of the things suggested above and maybe blocked the lot?

Did you remove all results?

And as an aside to this, why are you worrying about this lot anyway? 03 lots are usually considered inprocess lots and none of the info is usually used. When the order is TECO'ed, just make the UD in the lot and be done with it.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

I unlocked the lot, removed the results, but even then system gave the said message.

Secondly, I can not take the UD directly, since we made some enhancement for 03 type, unless result recorded for the lot, UD can not be taken. Anyways, 03 is just an inprocess insp, its not blocking the stock. Only thing the lot will be always showing as open.

Thanks

Sachin

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hmmm.. I'd look at your enhancement and see if you can figure a way to set up an exception in it. Such as if a certain code is put in the inspection text of the lot than allow the UD. Or if a certain UD code is selected. Maybe some text in the UD long text? Maybe check on the process order and see if it has a TECO status or some other status set on it.

This might help in the future as well.

FF