cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cprojects for consultant work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Kindly let me know if cprojects could be used for the Capital investment scenario below:

1. Project feasibility study is done by the external consultant. Project report goes for various discussions and approvals. (This should be in cprojects and cfolders).

2. Once feasibility report is approved, budget approvals are done in R3 project.

3. Consultant is engaged to prepare the detail technical specification for various packages in the project. (Cproject and cfolders to monitor this aspect.).The technical specs goes thru various approvals.

4. Approved technical specs are converted to Purchase requisitions in R3. And purchasing process is in R3, SRM. Consultant is also engaged to evaluate the bids. (Cfolders)

5. Once the purchase orders are placed, the consultant is again engaged to monitor the entire project activities, coordinate with contractors, testing and commissioning. (The monitoring process should be in cfolders and cprojects). Project activity confirmations are done in Cprojects by the consultant and various reports are available.

6. Actual costs are booked in R3 and settlement process is also in R3.

Kindly suggest how cprojects flow should be in the above scenario. Can cprojects be used atall in the above scenario.

Many thanks

Srikrishna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think xRPM ( cProject and RPM) will be a good fit for your scenario. Please see my comments in italics and double quotes.

Hi

Kindly let me know if cprojects could be used for the Capital investment scenario below:

1. Project feasibility study is done by the external consultant. Project report goes for various discussions and approvals. (This should be in cprojects and cfolders). "Could be multiple phases in cProject and gates in RPM item as per your business process of project feasibility study and approvals."

2. Once feasibility report is approved, budget approvals are done in R3 project. "After feasibility study, a project will be created in SAP PS using SAP xRPM integration. Budget approvals can be done in SAP".

3. Consultant is engaged to prepare the detail technical specification for various packages in the project. (Cproject and cfolders to monitor this aspect.).The technical specs goes thru various approvals. "Again gate approvals in RPM item. EDMS can be used to store various documents and technical specification"

4. Approved technical specs are converted to Purchase requisitions in R3. And purchasing process is in R3, SRM. Consultant is also engaged to evaluate the bids. (Cfolders) "Purchase requisitions can be created against SAP PS WBS elements. Project WBS will collect the cost. Cost can settled and be transferred to xRPM Finance Plaaning using SAP xRPM FI integration and settle it to financial categories and groups in xRPM item."

5. Once the purchase orders are placed, the consultant is again engaged to monitor the entire project activities, coordinate with contractors, testing and commissioning. (The monitoring process should be in cfolders and cprojects). Project activity confirmations are done in Cprojects by the consultant and various reports are available. "cProject task confirmation and xRPM SAP CATS integration can be used for time confirmations"

6. Actual costs are booked in R3 and settlement process is also in R3. "Already answered"

Kindly suggest how cprojects flow should be in the above scenario. Can cprojects be used atall in the above scenario.

Many thanks

Srikrishna

Edited by: Sharad Agrawal on Jun 16, 2010 6:00 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thank you very much for the reply. I have awarded full points.

Regards

Srikrishna

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

srinivasan_desingh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srikrishna,

The whole business process can be handled without cProjects or xRPM but only with R/3 and DMS.

You may not get the fancy reports like in xRPM and dashboard reports in cProjects.

DMS can be used for various approvals of document

SAP PS is used for project creation and capturing actual costs. Milestones can replace the gates.

Regards

Srinivasan Desingh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dear

The whole scenario cannot be handled only with PS and DMS if you require the external partner to upload and access documents online.

Therefore, PS, cProjects, cFolders and DMS go together in the scenario I explained above.

Regards

Srikrishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am looking for someone to provide a cProjects demo or just a posssible on-site discussion in Philadelphia, PA or Waterbury, CT area. Providing on experience, this person could be awarded a 6 month to 18 month NPDI project. Is anyone out there inetersted?

If so, please contact me at jan.valeriano @ ELS-it. com

2 1 5. 6 6 8. 3 8 5 4

asap

Thanks

jv

+

Former Member
0 Kudos

ff