cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default the input values on application & table problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. How to default the i/p fields with some value in the webdynpro abap application

2. I added a UI table in my view to handle multiple line items data. I am seeing the table in greyed out mode in the application. do i need to change any attribute in the binding or any other place?

3. I have created 3 UI elements in a view. So they are all getting displayed one after another with out any gap on the application. How can I build a gap between each element.

4. I am handling a BAPI. So once the BAPI posts a document successfully, I would like to trigger a message that successfully posted XXX docment. How do I handle this?

Thanks,

Kiran

Edited by: kiran dasari on Apr 2, 2010 8:21 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member628395
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. How to default the i/p fields with some value in the webdynpro abap application

-> You can achieve this by setting the default values for the attribute in the context.

2. I added a UI table in my view to handle multiple line items data. I am seeing the table in greyed out mode in the application. do i need to change any attribute in the binding or any other place?

->By Greyed out, do you mean the table data lines are in non-rditable mode? If yes, then try using the Input field as you cell editor of the table

3. I have created 3 UI elements in a view. So they are all getting displayed one after another with out any gap on the application. How can I build a gap between each element.

->Try using the padding(Lpad, Rpad etc)

4. I am handling a BAPI. So once the BAPI posts a document successfully, I would like to trigger a message that successfully posted XXX docment. How do I handle this?

-> You can use various methods of the message manager class meant for reporting sucess or error etc. after checking the BAPI return

Regards,

Sagar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to default the i/p fields with some value in the webdynpro abap application

just set some default value in attribute properties for the context node attributes which are bound to these input fields

+ I added a UI table in my view to handle multiple line items data. I am seeing the table in greyed out mode in the application. do i need to change any attribute in the binding or any other place? +

Do you want table fields\ cells to be editable, if yes then for the cell editor of the table you have to choose Input fields and make them as enabled. Default cell editor of table cells is textview. Just right click on table UI element - select Bind Columns ( something like this ) and in the cell editor property chose input field for all columns. Search for Editable Table in forum, you will get lots of threads.

I have created 3 UI elements in a view. So they are all getting displayed one after another with out any gap on the application. How can I build a gap between each element.

In your root element UI container properties set the layout type to matrix layout and then mention some unit in Lpad, Rpad or Cell Spacing property of each UI element Layout property.

I am handling a BAPI. So once the BAPI posts a document successfully, I would like to trigger a message that successfully posted XXX docment. How do I handle this?

Your BAPI must be returning some status variable or messages after execution.Based on the return properties of these message you can get the reference of Message Manager ( If_WD_MESSAGE_MANAGER ) and call its respective methods to show message ( Search for message manager in forum ).

Hope these clues help u.

Regards

Manas Dua

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Manas & Sagar.

I placed a piece of code to insert blank lines to make my table input enabled. I already have the attribute settings in place you advised me. The functionality worked only after I appended some blank lines to the table. Now the problem is, the table displays the initial values like zeros & spaces based on the data element associated to the column. While processing my bapi, i don't wish to consider those initial rows and hence used the DELETE where column eq 00000. When I have this statement, the application throws dump when I execute. If I comment out, the display works fine. Is there a different way to handle DELETE in webdynpro?

For the spacing issue, The columns already have the Rpad in their attributes. So any other thoughts please?

Thanks,

Kiran

Edited by: kiran dasari on Apr 2, 2010 7:03 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the context - navigate to the attributes which are showing zeroes and spaces, go to attribute properties and there you will find an option to disable leading zeroes.

Check this [pic|http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/rNaiJ9MJ2t88j5XX4O8Dwg?feat=directlink]

For spacing, did u tried changing the layout to matrix or grid and applying cell spacing.

Check the [layout help|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/EN/23/e594413f4bad5fe10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm]

Regards

Manas Dua

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manas,

Awesome, the attributs changes worked fine.

As I said, I have 3 UI elements. I placed the first UI element in a tray and changed it to MATRIX LAYOUT . The other two UI elements are tables and and there is no option to change the layout in the table ui element attributes.

Thanks,

Kiran

Edited by: kiran dasari on Apr 4, 2010 9:33 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my opinion 2 table elements in a single row will not be a good UI design ( unless your scenario demands it ).

To put the table in another line use Layout Data Type as Matrix Head Data in table properties.

If you want to put them in same line then you can use property hAlign present under section LayoutData(MatrixData) properties and set it to endofLine, center, forcedLeft, forcedRight etc.

Regards

Manas Dua

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manas, I have the two tables in two different rows. Like first table and in the second line, I have another table.

Regards,

Kiran

Edited by: kiran dasari on Apr 9, 2010 4:52 AM