Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

master recipe - phases & super operations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am new to PP-PI, trying to understand

what exactly a phase and super operation means in an operation. can u give me few examples on what u defined previously.

Also, I want to know about phase relationship.

Please help me. Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

this concept is used specspecifically in proces industryt ,pharma industry.

IN SAP for PP PI REcipe operation & phase concept are used.

For EX operation 10 Suppose you are starting your reaction so u can give here discription reaction started.

0020phase u can give discription Raw material charged .0030 phase 2 distillation started. like u can add so many phase as per ur buisness.

Once u change the resource for Ex ur material get transfer from 1 reactor to another reactor then that will be opearation 2 with line item number 0040 ,then their phases 0050,0060.

In recipe in operation tab u can put activity ( Operatime .Power .Steam.) only against phase not in front of operation.

Now phse relation ship is also important to schedule the process order.based on that system schedule the order.

U can give their relation ship FS that is when ur 1st phase get finished 2nd phase will get start.

Or FF..SS in chemical industry some time u need to start 2 activities in 2 resources simultaneiously where u can gice SS. or u need to finished activities in 2 different resource simultaneously then u can give FF.So thsat overlapping time will not consider here during schedule the order.

IN same operation tab in bar menu click on scehdule icon & u can see gaann chart Which will show scheduling done on basis of relation ship )

Regards

SANIL

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you very much.

I downloaded the Configuration Guide 146_BB_ConfigGuide_EN_IN at http://help.sap.com/bp_bl603/BBLibrary/Content_Library_BL_EN_IN.htm

this was also very help full for initially setting up my master recipe.

Hope this will be useful for others.

Rachel_Tang
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

It's really hard to explain it in a whole to you, you may try to first learn some basic knowledge from the SAP on-line help, please refer to the following link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60/helpdata/en/05/603bc6462311d182b50000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

Goto path:

Production Planning - Process Industries (PP-PI)

->Master Recipes (PP-PI-MD)

->Master Recipe Editing

->Operation and Phase Data Editing

There you may find a detailed explanation of what you want to know.

For what is operation and phase, you may imagine that you want to produce a kind of medicine, the production will be composed by several chemic reaction, every chemic reaction could be considered as an operation, but as you know sometimes the chemic reaction may be very complex, one chemic reaction may be devided to several stage, and every stage would be considered as a phase.

I'm not sure if you have understood my meaning, but still you should better first read through the SAP on-line help to know some

basic information for PP-PI.