cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with installed an add.dialog inst.(into PRD syst.)running on Vmware

Former Member
0 Kudos

We installed an additionally dialog instance (into PRD system)running on Linux on Vmware. Before we had an other AIX server but due to the fact it was AIX we had to use it eslwhere.

We are experiencing problem and do not know how to solve it.

What could be the problem that jobs being executed on that server are very but very slow(means instead of 80 sek they are executed 4970sek).

Also a few times printout coming form a job running on tthat server wanted to be printed on the old non existing one(to be precise the old has a QAS role and other sysnr)

Thank you in advance for any hint

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I meant the SMLG->System Diagnosis->Message server status area

Actualy I updataed the DI kernel and in order to get it running I had to delete REL_PATCHNO_...

I wander if this is the obvious thing jobs were running on that DI for 49000 sek instead 300sek

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I wander if this is the obvious thing jobs were running...

Its important that your kernel is consistent... now if this is the cause of the problem?, you can only tell after the restart, but certainly wasn't helping.

Regards

Juan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could it be reason of different kernel release ? Messsage server has setting for whole systems in smlg

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well... certainly CI and DI should have the same kernel....

Messsage server has setting for whole systems in smlg

I didn't understand that...

Regards

Juan

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to find the bottleneck... check ST03N numbers for this box and post them here.

What are the specs of this box?, how is connected to the production system (network)?, etc...

Regards

Juan