cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe form to replace smartform in SRM 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are in the process of utilizing the adobe server for form processing in our SRM 7 environment. In SRM 5.0 we have some custom Z smartforms for SRM documents. I am having the following questions:

1) What are the steps to do a "smoke test" to make sure the adobe server is working as it should?

2) Is there a graceful way of transforming the smartforms into adobe forms without re-designing them?

3) What are the steps to configure the system so that the it prints adobe form instead of the smartforms? (I have read note 1264423. It doesn't seem to have too many details.)

4) If adobe form would be exclusively used in SRM 7, is BADI BBP_OUTPUT_CHANGE_SF still relevant or should we deactivate it?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

Offtopic question: If you got these adobe forms working could you maybe post a screenprint here? I think a lot off people are interested in seeing how these adobe smartforms would look like.

Thanks in advance,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure. Once I got them to work. On top of my head, I don't see how it would be different from our current smartforms which are rendered in PDF anyway...

And a minior correction - they are not Adobe Smartforms, they are supposed to be Adobe Interactive Forms if I understand it correctly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

From what i understand they include buttons. F.e. a vendor would have some sort of SUS-ability, they could post order confirmations via these forms once they received them. I think the name is SAP Interactive Forms now a days.

Interesting topic, it's something we have on our wishlist but I don't expect to see them anytime soon.

Kind regards,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

the adobe forms in SRM 70 are not really interactive , they are only print forms.

The difference is that these PDF's are accesible and can be read by the adobe reader.

Its useful for people who are differently abled.

Regards,

Chander

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think my question has been answered by this help:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/c8/4adf7ba13c4ac1b4600d4df15f8b84/frameset.htm

What I didn't realize is this:

By migrating Smart Forms, you can reuse them as PDF-based print forms. You can find the Smart Form migration tool in transaction SMARTFORMS.

I have tried the migration tool. It did convert the old smartform to the new form/interface, but not without many errors. But at least we know that we don't have to start from scratch.