Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adding reports(queries) in BI to a role in bex part analysis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In BW3.5 you can add a report to a role in the bex analysis. In the screen you see the buttons for new and change. In BI 7.0 these buttons are not there anymore and I cannot find this option. I know that in the query designer there is the option to add a query to a role. Is this a change from BW 3.5 and BI 7.0 that in the analysis part no report(query) can be added to a role anymore? Is it matter of customizing or authorizations? Is it still so in BI 7.0 that if a role is empty that BI does not show the role in the overview?

I hope that one of you can help me out.

Kind regards

Jan van Roest

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

arpan_paik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jan

In BI7 the role assigned to user will show. But in order to get the roles tab in Bex analyzer you need to provide authorization to object S_RS_FOLD with value as False ("). This will bring a folder called Roles in Bex analyzer. Now to view any role assigned to user they must have access to object S_USER_AGR with activity as 01, 02, 03 simultaneously for that role.

Arpan

6 REPLIES 6

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please search for the document on moving from Repoting authorization to analysis aithorization or more generically moving to BI authorization. You will get all this details there.

Regards,

Dipanjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dipanjan Sanpui,

I looked on the internet and could not find the answer. I found some documents but they have the same problem.

have fun

Bye Jan

arpan_paik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jan

In BI7 the role assigned to user will show. But in order to get the roles tab in Bex analyzer you need to provide authorization to object S_RS_FOLD with value as False ("). This will bring a folder called Roles in Bex analyzer. Now to view any role assigned to user they must have access to object S_USER_AGR with activity as 01, 02, 03 simultaneously for that role.

Arpan

0 Kudos

Hi P Arpan,

Thanks for your answer, I did the things you mentioned, but when I am in the bex analyzer and choose for query I do not get the possibility to add the query to the role I have. If you press the save button the you see that the last option is gray and that I would like to have black so I can use it.

Have fun

Bye jan van Roest

0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

Sorry I was away for while from SDN. However the last option is Assign workbook to role... But you said you opened query. Open a workbook then try to save that. Assign workbook to role.. will be active then.

Arpan

0 Kudos

Hi,

After some testing it is clear to me that you can only add queries to a role by the BEX query designer and workbooks, views by the BEX analyzer. Using the trace I found these objects. Be aware that you limit the role name in s_user_agr, otherwise you violate your other roles.

To add workbooks of views to a role in the BEX analyzer, you need authorization objects:

s_rs_fold, s_user_tcd (rrmx), s_user_agr, s_rs_tools(themes), s_cts_admi(table), s_bds_ds(actvt 30), s_rfc, s_rs_comp and comp1.

To add queries to a role in the BEX query designer, you need: s_rs_fold, s_rfc, s_rs_tools(webpublish), s_user_agr, s_rs_comp and comp1.

thanks for your help.

have fun

Bye Jan van Roest