cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert a web service which has userid/password hard coded......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have created a web service in our ECC 5.0 abap system. In SICF we hardcoded the userid/password, the web service works fine and can be called successfully to read the required data from SAP.

Now we wish to change the process so that the users calling the web service have to pass their userid/password, now things don't work!!

How do we change things around to the new format?

Options we are considering are as follows:

1) Change the function module so that it has import parameters of userid and password (don't think this will work!)

2) Somehow update the wsdl file so that it includes userid/password, is this possible?

3) SICF/wsconfig/wsadmin config, but don't know what to do though!!

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Now we wish to change the process so that the users calling the web service have to pass their userid/password

1. Do you want to have authorize access to webservice or,

2. do you want to user supply user/password as a parameter within service.

for 1st you don't have to do anything just goto SOAMANAGER transaction and select basic http authentication for service endpoint. Every user who want to access (even url of wsdl) need to supply user/password.

for 2nd option you can integrate user/password field in FM but you need to include code which check and confirm if they are valid credential.

Regards,

gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gourav,

Hi, thanks for taking the time to respond here. I forgot to say we are currently on ECC 5.0 so SOAMANAGER transaction doesn't exist.

For us if we could get the userid and password added to the xml call that would be great.

So far I have found I can add sap-user and sap-password to the url call successfully but I can't add these to the actual XML, which is where we want to add it to.

Has anyone done this via the XML call? If so would be grateful if you could provide some information here, thanks.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Since you do not have SOAMANAGER, you can setup Web Service End Point with Basic Authentication (User Name/ password) using transaction WSCONFIG. Then access this Web Service End Point with WSADMIN. Here you can download the WSDL with End Points. When you use this WSDL, Basis authentication is built into this.

Thanks,

Venu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I have things working by adding the userid and password to the url. So thanks to all for your comments.

I would still be interested in knowing if it's possible to pass userid and password direct from XML, does anyone have experience of doing that?