cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search Help Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm facinng one strange issue with search helps. I have devloped online form in WDA with some F4 helps(I have used "Value Help button from Webdynpro Native) .

If I click search help buttons 15 times, the whole browser is closing with out any warning or error. I have been analysing why it is happening, but no use till now. I have seen browser log using HTTP Watch and Debug Webdynpro application etc.

Did any one face this issue? Is there any parametere setting or something? Or Is any other setting in ADS or J2ee or Adobe or any where???

Any pointer will be really apprecaited. Going live very soon in days..:)... Till now I couldnt realize this issue, infact tested in Dev and QA...but never tried keep on clicking for few times, until user pointed it out..

Can some one also try clicking for 15 times any search help and see , is it the same case?

Apprecaite your response.

Version Details:

SAP ECC 6.0

SAP_BASIS 700 0016 SAPKB70016 SAP Basis Component

SAP_ABA 700 0016 SAPKA70016 Cross-Application Component

Findings:

I was reducing the form size gradually like deleting some script, and fields... then number of hits increasing. I mean now after the changes the count increased to 22 then application is closing..

Regards,

Ravi

Edited by: Ravi Devarasetty on Apr 2, 2010 11:51 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Otto,

I have already gone through that Snote. Nothing related to my issue. Probably I should open an OSS message.

New Findings:

I thought It is the problem with search helps, but after testing rigorously...the same problem with Submit Button. After clicking 22 times the applicaion gets closed automatially...

I doubt some related to Sizing????

Regards,

Ravi

Edited by: Ravi Devarasetty on Apr 3, 2010 10:03 AM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Get a cup of coffee and start praying... In a similar case SAP replied something like "apply all the patches" and that was all (well, there was no error, but the performance was very poor, VERY POOR).

One last check: do you have binded the templateSource of the form in your WD app? That could be the reason. Can you check if your form is increasing its size every search help use?

Regards Otto

p.s.: sorry for a late idea, I had to think about it for a while...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even I'm scared about it.. After putting lot of efforts, after Go-live realized this issue..Let's see what SAP replies..

And I haven't binded the PDFSource.. And one more new finding is.. it is not only happening for search helps, even if I click submit button for 22 times, application is getting closed. As I mentioned if I reduce the form size by removing fields, the number of hits are increasing..

Regards,

Ravi

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would open the OSS. Can you please remember to share the result? I am afraid I have heard something like this few times before but have never find any cause or solution. Would be great to get this clarified. Regards Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Otto,

Sure I will share the result. I have opened the message, and SAP is still looking into it.

Regards,

Ravi