cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to stop a new Prod Categ from becoming 'default' display when shopping

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are running on SRM 4.0(classic).. We use a range of Product categories (Matl Grous in the 1000000 to 9999999 range). We have created a 'dummy value' to use as the default (which appears in the dropdown automatically when users go shopping for first time. This one is 99990000 [CHOOSE CORRECT CATEGORY-]. I have even assigned this as a default in PPOMA_BBP for the Company code product category attributes.

The issue we have is when a new product category is created and loaded into SRM (using R3AS or COMM_HIERARCHY), THAT category now becomes the 'default' in the display to users when they go shopping. How can we ensure that the displayed Product Category remains fixed to include one that we have assigned in PPOMA BBP?

For some reason any new value that is created becomes the value in the display. Please advise.

Same applies for storage locations. Has any devised a means to assign a 'default' storage location to a range of users?

Bill Olliver

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I confirmed that i had specified my default product category in PPOMA_BBP for company code and that value appears to be the default after uploading new categories from R/3. I will clost this out.