SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment specifications for payment lot not selected in FPY1 payment run

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a payment specification for payment lots but in the FPY1 payment run the documents contained in the payment specs are not selected to pay.

Alternatively if i create payment specs for payment run for the same documents then it is selected in the FPY1 payment run.

May i know why is this happening?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raja,

Payment Specification for payment run (FPAY1A) should be used with FPY1 and Payment specification for payment lot (FPAY1B)should be used with FP05. When you run FP05 you can see the default selection category G (Bus Partner) K (Contract Accounts) and B (Document) you can change any of this to J for Payment specification for payment lot and specify the payment specification you created. It will work here.

Best of Luck !

Venkat

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Raja:

Payment lots and payment runs are different functions - company initiated vs customer initiated. Pay specifications are defined for or the other - so if you define them for pay lot, then only payment lot will use them, and vice versa.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

Hi Sir,

Thanks for replying. But you have not answered my main question as to why the documents contained in the payment lot is not paid by the FPY1 payment program. When i check the payment list report there are no listings.

In this case how can i make sure that the documents contained in the payment lot is actually been paid for?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raja,

Payment Specification for payment run (FPAY1A) should be used with FPY1 and Payment specification for payment lot (FPAY1B)should be used with FP05. When you run FP05 you can see the default selection category G (Bus Partner) K (Contract Accounts) and B (Document) you can change any of this to J for Payment specification for payment lot and specify the payment specification you created. It will work here.

Best of Luck !

Venkat

0 Kudos

You are just excellent Venkat. This is what i wanted!!