cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is exactly a IBASE in SAP Solution manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all

I'm making the configuration of service desk on SAP Solution manager, and then i have to make a set up of IBASE. Can anyone tel me what exactly is IBASE in solution manager?

thanks

Edited by: hchabi on Apr 1, 2010 1:45 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In solman you have SOL_MAN_DATA_REP as main IBASE or 1 and other managed systems will be attached to it as a component.

and you can check it in IB53 by entering "1" in the initial screen

For automatic generation you can use tcode IB_GEN and all the connected systems ibase will be generated and attached to ur ibase

Morever theoretically,

An installed base can be described as a multilevel structure of installed base components for managing objects (for example, devices, machines, software) that are installed, or are going to be installed on site at the customer site. An installed base can represent the reference basis for services.

An installed base describes the hierarchical structure of these objects and their individual parts (components

In business processes, an installed base can be referred to as a general unit or as an individual element (component).

The set of installed objects at the customeru2019s can be used, for example:

· To determine the exact object for which a problem has been reported

· To determine in detail what the transaction (for example, visit by field service representative, repair by a service employee) refers to

· By the service employee as information about which object is affected and the parts it consists of

· For documenting changes made to objects

Hope it helps and doubt is cleared

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

IBase defines a unique system indentification number for your system and client. Each and every system defined in your landscape will have an IBASE # associated with it. You can create it using IB51.

Regards,

Sneha Vyas.