cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

add a new column to table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

can anyone assist me on how i can add a new column to an existing Table.

When I go to object palette of my table i find that body rows, columns are not editable.

Regards

Beserithan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hope your vacation was good:)) Can we expect your effort now, when relaxed, on contributing here on SDN?;))

I don´t know I you know that you can easily drag something (a node) from your data view (what comes from the backend) and drop it onto your form layout. This way the editor will generate everything for you. That means, you shoud:

- delete the current table

- drag and drop the new one (if the context knows already a new field)

And that should be it. Like 10 seconds action. But you should probably copy your form and experiment with the copy.

Regards Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Otto,

thanks for your help. I will try your suggestions when i am ready with responding mails after vacation and will come back to you asap.

Regards

Beserithan

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) don´t use tables, build the table from subforms, which is flexible and you have everything under control

2) we don´t like people here who have 100+ posts and not a single SDN point. I would like to warn you you will find it troublesome to find any help around here if until you fix this.

Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Otto,

sorry for my late response cause i was in vacation. Thanks for your warning and i have to ask is there no other possibility to do this without using subforms. Because my application was developed in this form by other developers and if i start to change it from table to subforms it will take so much time.

Regards

Beserithan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

secondly i have to mention that menüpoint table>insert>column to left or to right are enabled so i can not insert a new row.

Regards

Beserithan