SAP for Healthcare Discussions
Foster discussions about patient care, cost reduction, and operational excellence in healthcare organizations using SAP. Join the conversation.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discounts at Payment Distribution

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are implementing an IS-H project with payment distribution, my client needs to make discounts before billing ( with VK11 for example), but valid only for one of the case payers. How is it possible to have different valid conditions per billing document.

What if I change the copy control's price type, from "G" to "B", to carry out new prices?

Or delete, with a source code repair, the conditions that I don't want to be valid for the other payers?

If conditions is not the right way to do it, what else i could do? To create credit memos after billing is not acceptable from the client.

Thanks in advance

Stephy Chris

14 REPLIES 14

Claudius
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Stephy,

I am not sure whether I fully understand your issue. Maybe you can add an example of the pricing requirement and the overall distribution to the different payers? I think it would be important to understand if the payer for which you would like to apply the discounts have the highest rank in [payment distribution|http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/0c/a05458aae711d295ad00a0c929aafd/content.htm].

Regards

Claudius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claudius,

Thanks for your time.

For example I have a case with 2 payers, an insurance provider and a self payer. Main IR is tha insurance provider, and I want to have an extra discount to the self payer, not valid for the insurance provider.

for example:

case tottal value 100

insurance coverage 80% of the tottal amount

after distribution the amount is 80 for the IP, 20 for the SP

and i want to make a 50% discount to the SP

Final amounts to be 80 for the IP, 10 for the SP, but also have a discount condition of -50% at SP invoice for statistical reasons or something similar.

R.

Stephy

Claudius
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Stephy,

thank you for providing the example. So in your case, if the logical case bill would be 100, and you would distribute 80 to the IP and 10 (after discount) to the SP, how would you handle the remaining 10 in financials? Would you need to post this remaining 10 somewhere?

It would also be interesting to learn a bit about the nature of the services you have to bill for (many single items, or more complex ones etc.) typically.

Regards

Claudius

0 Kudos

Thanks for the imidiate response,

Yes exactly, I need also to post the IP's Discount amount, to a revenue account, special for discounts.

I invoice only single services.

R.

Stephy

Claudius
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Stephy,

I assume that you would like to post the discount for the SP (not IP) in your example, right? I also assume that in general the IP is relevant for pricing, right?

I guess a solution is rather tricky if you would not apply the discount before you distribute the amounts to the different payers. I think that our current payment distribution method is not really designed to handle this requirement. It really assumes that the total amount of the logical case bill is distributed according to the rules specified. In some country versions of SAP Patient Management we use an alternative approach for coverage which would lead to your desired result, but most likely this alternative approach would not fit in general.

I wonder whether you could find a solution based on a specific service that you generate (based on some criteria) for the SP in these situations and then define in the contract scheme that this service is always covered by the SP.

Maybe an SD-based approach could also work, but unfortunately I am not an SD expert.

Regards

Claudius

0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer.

The solution based on a specific discount service covered by SP is something I had in mind too.

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos

Hi Stephy,

I had a same requirement with your issue, do you have a solution rite now ?

As per my understanding, the discount happened before payment distribution. And how you solve your issue ?

Regards,

-Oscar-

0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am also trying to apply the payment distribution, but i didn't found the configuration for this can you please help me in this regarding i am thankful to you.

Regards

ankit

0 Kudos

Hi

in countryversion Switzerland they have payment distribution and the concept of a "discount-service".

Have a look in include LNPD1FCH, Form discount_service_price_ch.

Customers can implement the Badi ISH_CH_PD_DISCS.

The idea is the follwoing:

- In the contract scheme customers can define a dedution-service (TN16-DISCS)

- If this service is in NLEI, during payment-distribution the price for this deduktion-service will be determinet by the Badi-Implementation

e.g.:

Service for dedustion = DEDUC

Case has two payers, in each Contract scheme the ist DEDUC costomiced

Payment-Distributuion will determine the negative price for DEDUC und reduce invoice of payer 1 by this amount

As far as I know this is only availabale for CV Switzerland, but I think in every CV with payment-distribution it should be possible to adpot this.

Best Regards

Herbert

0 Kudos

DEAR ALL ,

I WANT TO KNOW ABOUT HOW TO CREATE STORAGE LOCATION FOR MATERIAL .

EXAMPLE IN STORE DEPT REQUIRED = RAW MATERIAL ,CONSUMABLES MATERIAL,PIPE YAD ,PLATE YARD

SO, I WANT FORMAT STAP BY STEP HOW TO CREATE STORAGE LOCATION.

my no is - 91+ 09558175176 FROM GUJARAT ( AHMEDABAD )

Edited by: maulik.thakkar on Jun 26, 2011 9:29 AM

0 Kudos

Dear maulik.thakkar

you should create a new thread, this one is about payment distribution an deduction

Best regards

Herbert

0 Kudos

Hi,

your keyboard seems broken. Or your pretty printer is out of order. Eithre way, you might want to fix it.

regards,

anton

0 Kudos

I WANT TO KNOW ABOUT HOW TO CREATE A COST CENTER IN SAP MM . PLEASE ALL EXPERT EXPLAIN ME STEP BY STEP .IF POSSIABLE TO GIVE ME SCREEN SHOT PLEASE MAIL ME on my email id

please say me hole senario for create a cost center

0 Kudos

HI ALL EXPERT ,

I AM FACEING PROBLEM IN BILL BOOKING MIRO .

AFTER DO ML81N ( SERVICE GRN ) , I AM DOING MIRO BUT PO VALUE IS NOT COMING IN MIRO .

GIVE ME SOLUTION .