Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending IDoc from SAP ECC6 to SAP BC: IDOC_ERROR_METADATA_UNAVAILABLE

sapstern
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am posting an IDoc (COSMAS01) from SAP Backend to SAP BC 4.8.

I am getting this Exception:

2010-04-01 12:17:08 CEST com.sap.conn.idoc.IDocMetaDataUnavailableException: (3) IDOC_ERROR_METADATA_UNAVAILABLE: The meta data for the IDoc type "??????????????????????????? ?" with extension " COSSAPRGL RGI_0 ???" is unavailable.

at com.sap.conn.idoc.rt.DefaultIDocDocument.<init>(DefaultIDocDocument.java:126)

at com.sap.conn.idoc.jco.rt.JCoIDocDocument.<init>(JCoIDocDocument.java:92)

at com.sap.conn.idoc.jco.rt.JCoIDocDocument.createIDocDocument(JCoIDocDocument.java:170)

at com.sap.conn.idoc.jco.rt.JCoIDocRuntime.createIDocDocumentList(JCoIDocRuntime.java:80)

at com.sap.conn.idoc.jco.JCoIDoc$DefaultJCoIDocRuntime.createIDocDocumentList(JCoIDoc.java:144)

at com.sap.conn.idoc.jco.rt.DefaultJCoIDocServerWorker$IDocDispatcher.handleRequest(DefaultJCoIDocServerWorker.java:107)

at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.DefaultServerWorker.dispatchRequest(DefaultServerWorker.java:153)

at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.MiddlewareJavaRfc$JavaRfcServer.dispatchRequest(MiddlewareJavaRfc.java:3300)

at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.MiddlewareJavaRfc$JavaRfcServer.executePlayback(MiddlewareJavaRfc.java:2780)

at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.MiddlewareJavaRfc$JavaRfcServer.playbackTRfc(MiddlewareJavaRfc.java:2598)

at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.MiddlewareJavaRfc$JavaRfcServer.handletRfcRequest(MiddlewareJavaRfc.java:2489)

at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.MiddlewareJavaRfc$JavaRfcServer.listen(MiddlewareJavaRfc.java:2310)

at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.DefaultServerWorker.dispatch(DefaultServerWorker.java:277)

at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.DefaultServerWorker.loop(DefaultServerWorker.java:337)

at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.DefaultServerWorker.run(DefaultServerWorker.java:238)

at com.wm.util.TimeWrappingProvider$TimeMesuredTask.run(TimeWrappingProvider.java:40)

at com.wm.pkg.sap.rfc.ListenerThread.run(ListenerThread.java:70)

2010-04-01 12:17:09 CEST com.sap.conn.jco.JCoException: (104) RFC_ERROR_SYSTEM_FAILURE: IDocException occurred (raised by system AS-RGAG-01|a_rfc)

at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.MiddlewareJavaRfc.generateJCoException(MiddlewareJavaRfc.java:639)

at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.MiddlewareJavaRfc$JavaRfcS

I have manually loaded the IDoc definition in the DDIC cache of the SAP BC, but this was of no help.

For me it looks like an encoding problem as the the JCO adapter seems not to be able to even identify the basic IDoc type, or what else can this mean?:

The meta data for the IDoc type "??????????????????????????? ?" with extension " COSSAPRGL RGI_0 ???" is unavailable.

It is a simpe COSMAS01 IDoc with no extension, btw I tryed other IDoc types as well but I am allways getting this weired message.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Matthias

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

bit unclear.... try as below

1) check Idoc version (is it there with 4.6/7)

2) try import idoc from BC system in PI.

3) check IDX1 / IDX2..

sapstern
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

thanks for your hints, but I am not using SAP PI.

My scenario is using SAP Business Connector 4.8. as middleware:

SAP ECC 6.0 -> IDoc -> SAP BC -> IDoc -> Webservice.

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you imported the idoc schema into the package in BC ?

Have you created the needed routing rules for the same ?

HTH

Rajesh

sapstern
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh,

as far as I know, I do not have to do this bevorehand.

Normally, the SAP BC is creating a routing rule on the first reicipt of an unknown message (IDoc) .

But in order to do so, it needs to interpret sender | receiver | message type , on which it in my case seems to fail.

Thanks Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay, Can you please move it to related forum ??

sapstern
Participant
0 Kudos

Which one would that be, I thought this is Process Integration stuff?

Best

Matthias

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes this is a Process Integration Forum, but wince you dont have XI/ PI itself and just SAP system, it would be better if you close this question and open a new one in this fourm:

Regards,

Abhishek.

sapstern
Participant
0 Kudos

Abhishek,

thanks for your hint, but this is definitly not an abap problem.

As the SAP Business Connector coexists with XI/PI, (and there beeing no forum for the SAP BC itself) I guess this is the right place to put my question.

Thanks

Matthias

sapstern
Participant
0 Kudos

I found it myself, just for the curious:

The SAP BC target system in the ALE RFC Destination was marked as beeing non unicode, argrrr...

Once I changed that to unicode everything works fine.

Who is awarding the 10 points to me?....

Answers (0)