cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with SAPUSER Table / ORA-1403 during PI 7.1 EHP1 Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

as I have currently problems creating a customer message with the customer provided S-User and I need a solution after the easter weekend, I'll try my luck here...

We currently perform a SAP Netweaver PI 7.1 EHP1 installation on Windows 2008 (Enterprise)/ Oracle. The installation media were downloaded from SAPNet.

The Windows Server 2008 is completely udpated, no further patches are available.

The Windows system is patched according to note 1375494 (new SAP kernel does not work on Win2008 without).

Oracle 10.2.0.4 was installed previous to the installation.

During the installation the new independend and db-dependend kernel was provided.

First steps run smoth until Phase ABAP IMPORT. This one fails according to the logs because access to table SAPUSER is not possible:

Compiled Jan 15 2010 23:56:22

E:\usr\sap\PID\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64\R3load.exe -testconnect

DbSl Trace: ORA-1403 when accessing table SAPUSER

(DB) ERROR: db_connect rc = 256

DbSl Trace: ORA-1403 when accessing table SAPUSER

(DB) ERROR: DbSlErrorMsg rc = 99

I already checked the OPS$ mechanism. Starting SQLPlus /nolog and login with "connect /as sysdba" works as intended.

i.e. "select owner from dba_tables where table_name = 'SAPUSER';" shows:

OWNER

-

O$HERDER_DOMAIN\PIDADM

Which is ok, the Domainname and SID is correct.

"select * from "O$HERDER_DOMAIN\PIDADM".SAPUSER;" show:

no rows selected

Comparing this to another recently installed system there should be something like this:

USERID

-

PASSWD

-

SAPSR3-CRYPT

V01/0050ZctvSB67Wv2haiQTDrO5P5c7Ks/kyqpdQ7jDbQ==

But I'm not really sure, if this entry should be there at this installation phase.

If so, how is this entry created? Note 50088 describes how to handle this, but with other USERID and without encrypted PASSWD.

I have no idea, why this happens, I recently installed 2 ECC systems and 1 Solution Manager systems and had no problems installing them.

I already exchanged the control.xml according to note 1249469.

I cannot find any note for this situation, so please ... is there anyone out there with an idea?

Best regards

Christian Reitz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you update the password from SQL for user SAPSR3, you will see encrypted password in SAPUSER table as you seen in other system.

Default password for SAPSR3 is PASS.

SQL>ALTER USER SAPSR3 IDENTIFIED BY 'PASS';

Then RETRY your installation...

It should work...

Rajesh Narkhede

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for the answer... as I read your answer, I had some doubt, and unfortunately I was right.

Altering the users PW does not write into the SAPUSER table... why should it? Altering an oracle user does not effekt this SAP table.

In the meantime I started from scratch. Complete new installation of Win2008, patching, etc.

... same issue.

I don't know, why this happens... I cannot find another hint what happend before, when the user should be added into the table.

Any ideas? Anyone?

Thanks for help in advance.

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had a flash of inspiration ... I changed the password of SAPSR3 and SAPSR3DB via BRCONNECT respectively BRTOOLS.

Voila... the entries are now in table SAPUSER and the ABAP import is running.

Hopefully, this was the only issue.

Best regards

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Christian,

Glad you got it to work!

Not sure about it, but I am a bit surprised by this:

O$HERDER_DOMAIN\PIDADM

Shouldn't it be:

OPS$HERDER_DOMAIN\PIDADM ?

At least the OPS$ is what I can see on our Oracle systems.

Did someone play around with Oracle parameters?

Is there a parameter os_authentication_prefix ?

Default would be 'OPS$'.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Joe Bo.,

hmm, now as you say it... I'm not really sure, if this has changed over time. It's been a while that I have installed an SAP / Oracle combination. The last installations where based on DB2 and SAPDB...

I cross checked the Solution Manager and ERP System that I installed last week. The username is always starting with O$. I guess this is ok.

The parameters where not changed at all, standard installations done as described in the installation guides and linked notes.

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Christian,

Thanks for this information.

I will look out for our next SAP installations.

No PI 7.1 so far, but it will come soon!

regards