cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building webservice docs from/for MySQL database.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a "fresh out of the box" installation of Netweaver 2004S and a new portal (its our sandbox for development work)

I am just beginning my SAP experience, so there is ALOT I do not know, and one piece is stopping me in my tracks.

I am attempting to connect to a MySQL database off on another machine, I’ve gotten the connection string configured and authenticating properly (or at least it seams to be good) to work with the data via Visual Composer.

I understand that I need to set up a WSDL document for the database to be able to make use of the "find data services" tool. Is there a function somewhere within the SAP environment/external toolsets that I can feed the SQL definitions which will build the WSDL doc for me, or is it something I need to create manually?

The classes I’ve been through so far gloss over this part of the setup, and I have not (yet) found my answer in the documentation, so I am not sure what to do.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We do not have XI installed (and wont untill we recieve a new box which will be comming in this week (we hope.))

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not intending to bump the question, but that is effectively what is happening.

Have I asked this in the wrong forum? if so, which forum should I tray again in?

thanks for your time, and sorry for the bump.