Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PGI-Issue

former_member196530
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus

I have a typical problem occuring during PGI for an TAN item.I have three sales order as follows for the same item .I have created the sales order in different date and perform the ATP check.It has confirmed the qty and respective available date based on the lead time .

1.Sales Order : 59000124 Req Qty : 4 Confirmed Qty : 1 Confirmed date : 15.03.2010 Req Date : 15.03.2010

2 .Sales Order : 59000123 Req Qty : 1 Confirmed Qty 1 Confirmed Date : 01.07.2010 Req Date : 15.04.2010

3. Sales Order : 59000122 Req Qty : 1 Confirmed Qty : 1 Confirmed Date : 05.05.2010 Req Date :05.05.2010

Lead time of this material : 90 days .Now I have staock available of 1 pc .Now I am trying to do PGI for sales order 59000122 with 1 PC whchis is avaliable in stock on 05.05.2010 , it reflecting masg that "0 EA material is avaialble in stock " and it is not poping up in subsequent screen with delivery qty 1 .Where as when I am fixing Delivery Bolck for 124/123 order , it is allowing me to do PGI in req date 05.05 for 122 sales order .

Why is it asking like this ? Is that ATP logic works on Confirmation date of available qty ? is there any FIFO rule working for delivery date ?

Your reply will be highly appreciated and rewarded.

Regards

JH

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member196530
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Close

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you go to MD04 for the said material, you'll see that MRP element for order 124 will be on top becasue of earlier confirmed delivery date than the other two orders. You may call this as FIFO. System itself has provied you an answer when you had put the delivery block for order 124,123 after which you were able to deliver order 122.

Hope this will be helpful for you.

Regards,

Hrishi

former_member196530
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you for the reply .But if i want to do PGI for any one of the order , why do i need to set the delivery block in sales order .Let say , as per ATP FIFO logic , i should PGI partial qty 1 pc ( which is avaialbale stock )on 03.2010 as it is earliest confirmed delivery date for Sales Order 5900124.Now I have decidecd to do PGI 5900122 order on 03.2010 rather on 05.05.2010 due to urgency of customer , it is not allwing with out setting delivery block for other sales order .

Even i have tested , If i create same delivery date with three orders as required qty 1 pc and try to do PGI for one of the order , I need to set delievery block for other two and then it is allowing me to do PGI for the frist one .

Other wise it is giving me message "0 EA available for material XXXXXX "

Why did it hapeen even I have available stock 1 pc ? How to avoid this ?

Regards

JH

harry_wu
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI JH,

In what trasnaction did you encounter the VL150 error when you want to "post GI" ?

Did you encounter it when creating outbound delivery? (e.g. in vl01n or vl10*)

If you encounter the error when creating delivery, it's due to customizing.

Actually, when creating delivery, system will also perform ATP check. Since the available quantity is occupied by other sales requirement, you will have VL150 error.

This is related with the check scope customized in tcode OVZ9.

Please check the setting in OVZ9, for check rule 'B' (check rule B for delivery).

Here, you can deactivate the flag "include sales requirement". Then system won't consider sales requirement when check ATP in delivery. Then you should be available to create delivery for that 1 PC existing stock.

Regards,

Harry

former_member196530
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

Thank you for your inputs.

We are using Availability Check 02 with checking rule A .Here in checking rule A , we are considering Stocks -Safety Stock , Stock in transfer ,Inward/Outward movement -PO,PR,Plnned Order ,Sales Requirement ,Reservation ,Deliveries .We are not using checking Rule -B which is for delivery .In Checking rule B I have observed "Sales Requirement checkbox activated " .

We arre doing PGI through VL01N.

If i remove sales requirement in Inward/Outward movement with the present Availability check and Cheking rule -SD-02/A will it affect any other transction specialy in MRP or ATP check?

Regards

JH

sidi_reghioui
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jiaul

you should consider the consequences of changing the MRP relevant data like the availability check.

If you remove the check for sales requirements, the planning run for the materials with assigned key, will be planned without taking into account all the sales orders (especially those with delivery date in the future - for which no delivery is created).

The planning run will not create any purchase requirements like purchase requisitions, planned orders or purchase orders.

The qty in sales order 122 should be considered as reserved for that order and when you create the 123 and 124 you should -bases on the information you gave, because of the lead time of 90 days and you did not mention any inward movements to cover subsequnt demand like prchase orders - get a notification that ATP cannot confirm the qty and places the qty in backorder.

Any more information you can share to troubleshoot this problem?

regards

Sidi

former_member196530
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Harry

I have observed that I have confirmed qty of one sales order 5900122 on 05.05.2010 .Now I am re-scheduling the order confirmation for 5900124 in 05.05.2010 and it is not giving me confirmed qty rather proposing next confirmation date based on lead time .But if i change the date on 5900122 and reschedule 5900124 on 05.05, it is confirming the order qty and allowing me to deliver.

Is that because of ATP logic ?

Regards

JH

former_member196530
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sidi ,

Presently we do not want to revok "Include Sales Requirement " but if we unchecked "Include delevieres" then sytem will not carry on ATP check in delivery time .Now If i rescheule the confirmation date of other order baesd on the lastest confimration date in the order -122 ,ATP did not confirming the same for 124 or 123 and delievery is not happening .Rather it is giving the same msg "0 EA available for xxxxx material .

My requirement is

1.I want to re-scheule the sales order delievery and confirmed the qty in multiple scinario based on customer urgency .

2.I do not want to close by setting Delievery block for other oders as I have lot of sales orders for a single item

3.Sales Order level ATP is required but not at Delivery level .So we are using same Availaibilty check control -02 with Cheking rule A which is considering Stock and all the Inward/Out ward movement as per standard SAP seting in OVZ9

Presently , sales person is setting delievery block for 20-30 sales order to deliver one sales order qty based on urgency which is tedious job .

Any solution on this business requirement ?

Regards

JH

sidi_reghioui
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jiaul

quick question, could you check in OVZ2 if the No Check is set in Checking grou 02 - checking rule A.

This entry causes the system not to carry ATP check and causes all sales requirements to be confirmed.

Regards

Sidi

Former Member
0 Kudos

It should go as per the RLT. Check if you block Sales Order 59000124 then it should allow to do Delivery for Sales order 59000123.

Best Regards,

Ankur

sidi_reghioui
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

How many stock do you have now?

Note that the availability check takes into account any sales orders and reservations during a certain time phase.

former_member196530
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have stock only 1 pc .I want to do PGI for 5900122 orders with 1 pc .It is happing unless i set delivery block for other two ordes and it is allowing me to do only in requested date 05.05.2010.

any slotiuon ?

sidi_reghioui
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you try only to block 124 it should work also because of the confirmed date is earlier.

former_member196530
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

Availability Check contol , we have not considered RLT coz we kept availabulity chek with out RLT and in materila master we have kept any RLT execept leade time for external item .

How delivery is getting confirmed on 05/05 ? Is it a problem in ECC 5.0?

Regards

JH

sidi_reghioui
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you let know when the rmaining 3 units from order 125 are getting confirmed date?

Because of your required date in 124 is set earlier, the system does a backward scheduling and determines that the schedule line can be confirmed at requested date (at least partially) because of enough stock.

What I am wondering is because of your lead time of 90 days, are you having any goods receipt before 15.04 to deliver the goods for order 125 and 122?

Regards

Sidi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per ATP logic it is FIFO. But you can change this as per your requirement.

Regards,