Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

file to idoc scenario in pi 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am testing file to Idoc scenario.

I have few queries. I am using PI 7.1

1) in Message mapping - I import the receiver idoc metadata. and doing mapping.

So there are couple of mandatory fields over there. Please let me know how to treat them. Do I need to diable them or put some value. for exp Direct, Segment. SNDPRN RECPRN all these madatory fields are there. Please advice.

2) When I am creating communication component for sender side(File system) then should I assign the logical port and if then what name it can be . Is there any other place we need to maintain this entry. I remember in PI 7.0 I dont need to assign the local name. But here i see I need to do. if I am not putting the name over there then it throw error message "Unable to convert the sender service <Business Compoenetname> to an ALE logical system.

Please advice how to overcome

3) now any how I am able to process the idoc from PI and its coming to ECC system. but it showing failed over there and giving me error message.

"EDI: Partner profile inbound not available"

I checked all the relevent partner prfile configuration is already there"

I have already used all the forums , I did these scenario in past in PI 7.0 and never faced much issue . but doing first in PI 7.1 after a long time, so I might be possible, I am missing some thing. Please advice and help. thank

Ram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/01/xi-idoc-adapter--edidc40--demystified

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

There is no diffrence in the File to IDOC scenarios done in PI 7.0 and PI 7.1.

So there are couple of mandatory fields over there. Please let me know 
how to treat them. Do I need to diable them or put some value. for exp Direct,
 Segment. SNDPRN RECPRN all these madatory fields are there.

for Segment you can map it to blank constant , SNDPRN,RECPRN values you

have to maintain based on the partner profile you have created.I think

you can disacle the control segment, the values will be taken from runtime

and the channel configuration values. Should work this way.

"Unable to convert the sender service <Business Compoenetname> 
to an ALE logical system

for this you need to create a logical system in ECC, and give that name

in the adapter specific identifier in the BService.I hope you solved this.

its coming to ECC system. but it showing failed over there and
 giving me error message.
"EDI: Partner profile inbound not available"

here you can check few things , firstly check if the partner profiles

are created properly .(do a connection test from both sytems

, in PI sm59 , check if RFC destination in pinged or not ) and the

corresponding message type is assigned in ECC under inbound

message type(check for your IDOC type)

Regards,

srinivas

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

There is nothing new in PI7.1 which can cause these errors.. it is because the interface is configured wrongly

>>1) in Message mapping - I import the receiver idoc metadata. and doing mapping.So there are couple of mandatory fields over there. Please let me know how to treat them. Do I need to diable them or put some value. for exp Direct, Segment. SNDPRN RECPRN all these madatory fields are there. Please advice.

If you know the value the you can create the control record during mapping and the fields which you don;t required you can map it co constant. It is using this control record the partner profile entries are found and if there is a mismatch then the idoc will fail with the error which you mentioned in point 3

>>2) When I am creating communication component for sender side(File system) then should I assign the logical port and if then what name it can be . Is there any other place we need to maintain this entry. I remember in PI 7.0 I dont need to assign the local name. But here i see I need to do. if I am not putting the name over there then it throw error message "Unable to convert the sender service <Business Compoenetname> to an ALE logical system.

No in 7.1 also we dont have to do anything like that. There is a blog on this error from Michael, please go through it and understand why and how this error occurs. May be in PI7.0 you were lucky enough for not getting this error

>>3) now any how I am able to process the idoc from PI and its coming to ECC system. but it showing failed over there and giving me error message. "EDI: Partner profile inbound not available"I checked all the relevent partner prfile configuration is already there"

Check the control record of the generated idoc and see whether you have a partner profile entry for the parameters mentioned in it. If not then you need to correct them in PI

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the response.

1) In control record at receipent information:

I am gettting partner number but not getting Recipient Port details.

may I know what to do for this .

Sender details are coming fine

2) at ID -> idoc adapter configuration , I unchecked the option " Apply control record value from payload" also.

regards

ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

one more thing. what I did now in mapping I disabled the EDIDC_40 segment . Should I do to process .

and may I know how EDIDC40 segment will come at ECC system if I am disableing.

How the idoc will carry the control recrds value from PI to ECC.

thanks

ram

abhijitbolakhe
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi

In Receiver Idoc commucation channel, there is a checkbox " Apply control record values from payload"

Disable the EDIDC node and check the above checkbox......control data records will be updated in ECC

Regards

Abhijit