cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM 5.5 SP6 P03 update to P06

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there

We have inherited a Widows-based MDM 5.5 from one of our customers. Now we have to update the System from "MDM 5.5 SP6 P03" to the up-to-date patch level "MDM 5.5 SP6 P05 HF18" (sap note 1449175). On SAP's SWDC I found the suitable files but I don't know how to install. I found several install- and upgrade manuals but they does not describe how to update to the next patch level. Does someone know a useful manual?

Thanks in advance,

Urs.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pius,

As you are upgrading to MDM 5.5 SP6 P05 HF18 from MDM 5.5 SP6 P03.

Please refer this below upgrade guide for MDM 5.5 which is considered as the default source release for upgrade, but direct upgrade from SP03 or SP04 to SP06 is also supported.

https://websmp109.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001119702007E

You can upgrade/install all the components as per (Sap note 1449175) according to this Upgrade Guide.

I think that SAP has not provided installtion/upgrade guide for Patch P05 from P03, as it can be done in the same manner as we do for SP.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandeep

Thank you for the quick response.

For me it is confusing that the patch files contain the whole up-to-date package.

If I understand you correctly, then MDM patch files contain the whole MDM component, for example:

mdm-server-5.5.65.89-win64.exe = mdm-server + SP6 + patch05 + Hotfix18

Therefore I have have to uninstall MDM and reinstall with these packages, according the upgrade guide?

Regards, Urs.

(co-worker of Puis)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Therefore I have have to uninstall MDM and reinstall with these packages, according the upgrade guide?

You are absolutely right, Since according to this SAP Note MDM 5.5 SP6 P05 HF18 (sap note 1449175)

The following components are part of this Hotfix (build 5.5.65.89):

MDM Server (MDS) and Workflow

MDM Publisher, MDM Image Manager and MDM Layout Server (MDLS)

You need to follow the same Upgrade guide to install all of these components as described.

Let me know if you face any issue.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandeep

Now I can see the shore - it seems to be much easier as I thought...

Again, thanks a lot for your assistance.

Kind regards,

Urs.