cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send Online Interactive form created in WD as attachment in mail.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing problems when sending my interactive form as attachement from the WD application.

Scenario :

This is a Online form.

The Interactive form is called using WD application ---> User fills the data ---> On pressing SUBMIT , data is validated in the WD application , and if all is right , an email has to be sent with the filled adobeform as attachment.

First I had problem taking the whole adobeform back to WD , then I found "pdfSource" attribute in WD adobeform attribute.

I was able to send mail with attachment. But this attachment had no data entered by the user, just the initial form with defaulted values.

I am again stuck how to get the whole pdf so that I can send it as an attachment in mail.

Kindly help to solve this problem.

On searching on SDN , I found many answers for offline form using webservices or Directly opening an outlook window with the form attached. But these wont help me in my scenario.

Thanks,

Omkar Mirvankar.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

you can generate the XML data and merge it with your template to get a filled form, can you.

Regards Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

No , this is not possible. There has to be some way of getting the whole xml data from the adobeform to the WD application.

In the adobeform , using Javascript/Formcalc there can be a away to get the data in string.

Something like

Reference_Syntax.exportData( [ STRING param1 [, BOOLEAN param2 ] ]) 

But this is not working.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello again, I am sorry but I cannot find any WD stuff in the provided solution. Can you please elaborate how your solution works with the WD form/ app? Regards Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

First create object type refering to cl_wd_adobe_services by exporting your form name, then , call the following methods

get_wd_context_as_xml(data_source = Node name which is binded) "dataSource

create_pdf(enabled = 'X' data_source = Node name which is binded)

you will get the xstring. This will contain your complete data.

Convert this Xstring into binary.

Then use class cl_bas to send email using this binary data.

RalfRuth
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Omkar,

I think you got on the wrong track: It's not necessary to call any methods of CL_WD_ADOBE_SERVICES to implement your requirement (this class will be called from the Web Dynpro framework internally and is not intended to be used by any customer application).

You wrote in the initial posting:

"...First I had problem taking the whole adobeform back to WD , then I found "pdfSource" attribute in WD adobeform attribute.

I was able to send mail with attachment. But this attachment had no data entered by the user, just the initial form with defaulted values."

This is definitely a bug in the Web Dynpro framework (what's your SAP_BASIS SP level?): pdfSource must contain the form with the current form data! Please start a note search on component BC-WD-ABA with search terms "interactiveForm" and "pdfSource": Maybe note 1120324 could help?

The implementation of your requirement should be very easy then: Write the code to send the mail in the action handler of the form. As long as there are validation errors, the action handler won't be called.

Regards,

Ralf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ralf,

The class CL_WD_ADOBE_SERVICES solved my purpose and I unknowingly ignored the main problem I faced.

I have already checked the SAP Note 1120324 and the corrections suggested are already in place.

The SAP_BASIS SP level is '3'.

You are right .. once I get the data in pdfSource everything will be fine.

Thanks ,

Omkar Mirvankar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In short ... In case of Smartforms , we get OTF data which can be used to send it as attachment.

But here I am not getting anything from the adobeform which I can pass on to create a attachment for sending email.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use class : CL_WD_ADOBE_SERVICES to get data and CL_BCS to send mail

1. Create object of the adobeform

2. Create XML of the context or "DataSource" of the adobeform.

3. Create pdf with above xml using the object of the form , you will get the form data in Xstring for further processing.

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In fact, there is getXML() function in JS for in-script coding. But that will not help you.

Maybe you should search a little before asking what has been answered like a zillion times:

/community [original link is broken];jsessionid=(J2EE5212300)ID1874589550DB00756978468170340143End;saplb_*=(J2EE5212300)5212350?messageID=7498233

Regards Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The links which you have sent could help me if I have a offline form or wanted to send email from the form itself.

But I want to send the adobeform from the webdynpro application.

I am using the class CL_BAS to send the mail , but my problem is I am not having my adobe form(XSTRING) in the webdynpro application.

If I was calling/creating the adobeform from a report using ''FP_JOB_OPEN'' then I would have got the pdf data from directly from the exporting parameter of this FM , but this is not possible in webdynpro application.

Please revert if you require any clarifications. Any idea leading to a solution is good and will be rewarded.