Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transaction taking more time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Every One,

My query is

If you hit a Transaction it kept on executing (or) processing for more time why this happens and where should I trouble shoot this kind of problem.

With Regards,

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth,

Please check from Database side it there is any issue with space or memory size or table indexing in the databse.

Also, please let me know if you are accessin the system from remote, if so, then update the host file for the system.

Hope it Helps

Regards

Arun

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth,

please check the sapdata files through brtools and check the SM21 & ST22 & STO4 for tablespaces are full or not and note the response time from ST03N I mean the dialon response time and donot forget to check the tablespaces and see that they should not exceed 90%

with the help of all these information do analysis and sure you will come to know.

Thanks,

Prabhu Kishore Reddy.

paul_power
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it a transaction that is used often?

Perhaps the abap buffers are not large enough or SGEN needs to be run if it is always compiling.

Does is spend alot of time compiling or does it take a long time to finish?

Perhaps run a trace using ST05 or even better, through st12 and you will see where the most time is spent.

If its on the db side, you can see what statement is taking so long and then you can check if a suitable index was used or if one needs to be created. Or check the table involved in the query and see if it has up to date statistics.

Hope this helps,

Paul

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is a very generic question... what have you done so far?...

Is it compiling? If not theres no point on running SGEN...

Regards

Juan

former_member198270
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Prashanth, You can start troubleshooting by performing

-Check if your systyem was patched recently and SGEN was not executed or not executed properly. (processing happens and it is not getting executed means objects might not have generated properly)

Regards, Amber S | ITL