Number range assignment for Sales Doc and Billing

Dear All,

1.Can u please help me how can i define new number range for new financial year and what is the impact on old existing order and billing document numbers. my requirement is to assign new number range every new financial year.

2. another requirement is we have following sales process

Service sale

standard sale

Scrap Sale

presently we are using common number range for Service sales at every location. but now my client want to assign separate number range for location wise not process wise means suppose site -a should have 1-1000 site b-1100-2000 like this. we have total around 30 locations and each location have three process like above so should i need to configure three separate doc. type for each location if i use this scenario then i need to create around 60 document types. one more thing one site is dissolve after 2-3yrs and new every year we start project at new site means configuration scope is always their. what would be the best process to solve this issue to assign separate doc. number for every site. please guide

Vivek Sharma

you don't need to create 60 documents type, if you would like just to have different number range.

TVAK assign number range to Order type and only key is order type, looks like it one - one relationship.

But during Sales document creation you can switch number range in user exit and SAP didn't check back it is belonging to you document type:

1/Create number range for your entity:

transaction VN01(it create new interval for SAles docuemnts object RV_BELEG)

R1 95000000 9599999

R2 96000000 9699999

2/User exit number range:

User exit you have to use program MV45AFZZ-> subroutine USEREXIT_NUMBER_RANGE (it is old user exit, if never use first time you have to provider access key)

data: lv_loc(4)

logic to derive location from SAles order information(for exnplae Sales office, plant or custome country,....)

case lv_loc.

when '0001'.

when '0002'.

when others.

0 View this answer in context