cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number range assignment for Sales Doc and Billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

1.Can u please help me how can i define new number range for new financial year and what is the impact on old existing order and billing document numbers. my requirement is to assign new number range every new financial year.

2. another requirement is we have following sales process

Service sale

standard sale

DR

Scrap Sale

presently we are using common number range for Service sales at every location. but now my client want to assign separate number range for location wise not process wise means suppose site -a should have 1-1000 site b-1100-2000 like this. we have total around 30 locations and each location have three process like above so should i need to configure three separate doc. type for each location if i use this scenario then i need to create around 60 document types. one more thing one site is dissolve after 2-3yrs and new every year we start project at new site means configuration scope is always their. what would be the best process to solve this issue to assign separate doc. number for every site. please guide

Vivek Sharma

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi,

you don't need to create 60 documents type, if you would like just to have different number range.

TVAK assign number range to Order type and only key is order type, looks like it one - one relationship.

But during Sales document creation you can switch number range in user exit and SAP didn't check back it is belonging to you document type:

1/Create number range for your entity:

transaction VN01(it create new interval for SAles docuemnts object RV_BELEG)

R1 95000000 9599999

R2 96000000 9699999

2/User exit number range:

User exit you have to use program MV45AFZZ-> subroutine USEREXIT_NUMBER_RANGE (it is old user exit, if never use first time you have to provider access key)

FORM USEREXIT_NUMBER_RANGE USING US_RANGE_INTERN.

data: lv_loc(4)

logic to derive location from SAles order information(for exnplae Sales office, plant or custome country,....)

case lv_loc.

when '0001'.

US_RANGE_INTERN = 'R1'.

when '0002'.

US_RANGE_INTERN = 'R2'.

when others.

endcase.

• US_RANGE_INTERN = TVAK-NUMKI.

ENDFORM.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Number ranges are maintained for document types not yearly spcific and comming to every year you want to change the number ranges you can change define the new nuber ranges and assigned to document types. and also formost thing you have to complete the previous opne order and open delviers and opend billing documents.

comming to 2 nd point if u require the location wise number ranges you have to define the different document types.

Thanks,

Vasu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For SD number range new fiscal year number range are maitian with T. Code SNRO

Number Range Objects are mentioned below.

MM Number Range Object

1. J_1IRG23A1: RG23A part 1 no. range object

2. J_1IRG23A2: RG23A part II number range object

3. J_1IRG23C1: RG23C part I number range object

4. J_1IRG23C2: RG23C part II number range object

5. J_1IPLA2: PLA part II number range object

6. J_1I57FC: 57FC Number Range Object

SD Number Range Object

7. J_1IEXCEXP: Export excise invoice number range

8. J_1IARE1: ARE1 Doc No object based on Series Group

9. J_1IARE3: ARE3 Doc No object based on Series Group

10. J_1IBOND: Excise Bonding: Bond number object

11. J_1IRG1: RG1 Number range object

12. J_1IINTNUM: Internally document number to be generated

13. J_1IEXCLOC: Local excise invoice number range

14. J_1IRG23D: Folio Numbers for RG 23D

15. J_1IINTPR2: Dispatch serial number

Go to SNRO enter the object one by one , after entering first object click on number range then select your series group clcik on change intervals then click on edit then insert interval here enter no Year from number to number status then save do process for all objects, I have given all objects for MM and SD as per your need you can do for SD part

regards,

zafar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

USEREXIT_NUMBER_RANGE

The user exit is called up in the FORM routine BELEG_SICHERN.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am answering for your second question ,

as per my understanding you need seprate number ranges for each document type for 30 location and this for all the three different process.

This can be achieved by using the user exits in sap standard . in img screen -->sales and distribution -->system modification , you will find the number range exits.

the logic behind is you will be maintaining the Z table with the combination of plant/sales organisation/divison with the number range id. so whenever the system determined these combination it will pick up the number ranges for the each docuemnt type.

So no need of creation of 60 doc type with the different number range id.

Hope this will meet your requirement.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Praveen,

Thanks for your valuable response, Can u please help me to do this configuration or have some configuration doc.

Regds

Vivek Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Sorry i dont have an access to sap system , and alos i dont have the configuration docuemnt too.

if you go through the user exits and expalin the logic to Abaper he will take care of it.

Please let me know if you stop somewhere.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Number ranges are maintained for document types not yearly spcific and comming to every year you want to change the number ranges you can change define the new nuber ranges and assigned to document types. and also formost thing you have to complete the previous opne order and open delviers and opend billing documents.

comming to 2 nd point if u require the location wise number ranges you have to define the different document types.

Thanks,

Vasu.