cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

export records with images - how to export the filename of the image?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

When we export records from the data manager, the image field exports as a sequence number, not the image filename. Is there any way that i can change this? Alternatively, can i export image data from the image manager which might provide me this link of sequence number to image filename??

Thanks..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Adam

Easy way to export images and its path from Data Manager:

Go to Images table

Select "File->Export To-Excel(Access/Text)"

In "Hierarchy Filed Format" select "Full pathname" mode

partually file structure next:

Name - image file name

Source - full path to image file

Regards

Kanstantsin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kanstantsin,

Is there any way were images get exported in the excel along with description

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adam,

I agree that using MDM Data Manager, main table record with linked image field exports as a sequence number, not the image filename. But You can easily export image file name using MDM Syndicator functionality.

As per my understanding, Image Manager will not solve your purpose as i feel it is nothing but now a part of Data Manager. I mean if you select your Images Table as current table in your data manager not Main table, you will get the same look and feel of Image manager. So when you open current table as Images in Data Manager and go to file-->export-> you can export Image name but it will not let you know about the relationship with main table record. I feel same thing will happen when you use Image Manager. So use MDM Syndicator which you resolve your issue of exporting main table record with image file name not image sequence number. You can also export Original file name, Code etc using Syndicator functionality along with Image name and main table record.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Adam,

If you want Image name along with other Product data information, then use MDM syndicator for this purpose. Syndicator can export Image File Name.

Image manager does not provide any record export Functionality like data manager.

Regards,

Shiv