cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Output format of product ID

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi! In my client's system, the length of the product ID in ECC is set at 6 characters but set at 18 characters in SRM. As at current, they have not replicated any materials to SRM. Now, they are considering direct material procurement in SRM. Would it be an issue if I leave it as it is and not change the length to 6 characters in SRM? The 'Save Lexicographically' indicator is not set.

What happens if I change to 6 chars in SRM and then in the future they extended the length in ECC to for example 8 characters?

Appreciate clarification on the above.

Thanks

SF

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SF,

When you replicate materials from ECC to SRM, the logical system is also part of the key in SRM. So, it should not matter if it is six character long or will be increased to 8.

Also, since Lexicographical setting is not turned on the material numbers will be stored left justified in COMM_PRODUCT table.

SG

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

So, would it be better if I leave the length at 18 chars or should I change to 6 chars to match the length maintained in ECC?

I know normally the advise is to match the length but I never quite appreciate why and the impact of not doing so.

Cheers!

SF

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can leave it at 18.

SG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Output format ist set in ECC6.0 to 10 and "lexicographic". Flag for leading zeros is not activ. Do we need to set in SRM the output format to 10 as well?

How is the expected system behaviour in SRM as the flag lexicographic forces the the setting for "leading zeros" BUT this setting is not availble in ERP.

Scalability of product-ID:

If in future we extend the Output Format in ERP, how is the system behaviour would look like in SRM? How much effort would this mean to follow on ERP-Format?

Thank you very much for any quick response(s)

Regards

Isa

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

18 is enough.

DOnt check any check boxes.

Muthu