Keep Radio Button selected after action

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All - This is a strange situation.

I have 3 context node for Radio Buttons

the 1st context node is for 2 radio buttons

the 2nd context node is for 6 radio buttons

the 3rd context node is for 4 radio buttons

Scenario: 1st Context node has "DEFAULT VALUE" so is initially selected, the other two context node doesn't have DEFAULT VALUE.

I select a radio button (that belongs to the second node) and also select a radio button (that belongs to the 3rd context node) now I click a custom button that will trigger an ACTION.

1st & 3rd Radio buttons keep the RADIO BUTTON SELECTED but 2nd Radio Button now is like INITIAL, WHY??? if everything is designed the same way.

I want to keep the selected value so the user can see which options they selected.

A1 B2 C3 <----

First time (after initialization)

X

A1 B2 C3 <----

I selected values

X X X

A1 B2 C3 <----

After Action is trigger

X X

thanks!

Jason PV

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

A1   B2   C3
X

A1  B2   C3
X     X     X

A1   B2    C3
X            X
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont see any reason other than selected value getting lost in wddomodify method or in action event handler.

Check in WDDOMODIFYVIEW or in Action Handler method you are not playing modifying the context node bound to 2 group of radio buttons .

Or you can fetch the selected value in your action handler store it in some view attribute and bind the node back again with same value on wddomodifyview.

Regards

Manas Dua

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manas - thank you you were correct but the actual issue was the way the data element was defined.

Your answer is correct!

thanks!

Jason PV

Answers (0)