cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about Replication - Automatic on Creation and Queue not active

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi! I have 2 issues re the replication of objects such as materials and product category. If we just talk about materials here.

First thing to note is that I have no problem replicating materials from ECC to SRM by using RSAS to trigger the replication. Similarly delta updates are triggered automatically when a change is made in ECC. Filters are also set up for the replication.

The first issue is when I manually replicate the material master from ECC to SRM using tcode RSAS, the replication sits in the queue (SMQ2) in Released status. I have to manually set to active in order to release it. Does anyone know how I can avoid doing that? i.e. that the queue will run automatically with me having to activate it?

The second issue is more of a question. Is there a way to get SRM to automatically replicate the NEW material master to ECC without us having to run RSAS? I have checked all middleware settings and they are correct . The tables I have checked are:

CRMCONSUM, CRMSUBTAB, CRMRFCPAR, CRMPAROLTP, TBE11

I have searched the forum and tried to make sure that I have all the necessary settings covered but still could not do it. I need to know whether it is a standard feature that new materials have to be manually replicated via R3AS?

Cheers!

SF

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SF

long back you might had same problem .dinesh might helped you..

muthu

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Muthu. I did find that message when I searched yesterday. Strange enough, it didn't come up when I first searched for it weeks ago. I will attempt to test this out again tomorrow when I get back to my client's site.

Cheers!

SF

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

SMQR solved problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

SF,

New materials created and old materials changed are part of Delta replication. You need not replicate them again from SRM.

SG

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SG,

But this is not what I experienced here. A change to an existing material does automatically get replicated. However, it does not work when I create a new material. Do you know what is the setting that controls this?

Regards

SF

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SF

you can schedule smof_dowload program..

create a variant for a material and schedule once in a day. it helps to bring new ECC material .

but in your filter condition it should match.

here you GO >>SF>

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

What settings do you have in CRMRFCPAR for Material - D?

What setting do you have in CRM SUBTAB, CRMPAROLTP?

SG

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Muthu,

That is my backup plan but I am keen to have the material replicated instantaneously. One could probably argue that the product category might be affected and need replication as well in order for the material to be replicated successfully.

I also want to take the opportunity to confirm whether it is a standard limitation.

Thanks!

SF

Edited by: SF on Apr 1, 2010 2:45 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

SF,

I just tested in my system and Created a Material. It generate BDOC and replicate over to SRM.

SG

Edited by: SRMUSER123 on Apr 1, 2010 3:49 AM

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

This is great. Thanks for confirming that. I will have to go back and check the settings again (not onsite at the moment). I will post the settings when I have it.

Cheers!

SF

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SG,

The setting in CRMRFCPAR is

User Object RFC Destination Load Type

SRM * SRDCLNT100 Initial Download

SRM * SRDCLNT100 Request

SRM MATERIAL SRDCLNT100 Delta Download

The setting in CRMSUBTAB is

User Object U/D Obj. Class Function Obj. Type FunctName

SRM <blank> Download Customizing <blank> <blank> CRS_CUSTOMIZING_EXTRACT

SRM <blank> Download Material <blank> <blank> CRS_MATERIAL_EXTRACT

SRM <blank> Download Service_Master <blank> <blank> CRS_SERVICE_EXTRACT

The setting in CRMPAROLTP is

CRM_FILTERING_ACTIVE MATERIAL MATERIAL SRM X

It's still not working. I have 2 problems here:

1. The creation of new material does not automatically get replicated to SRM

2. A change triggers a replication to SRM but the queue sits in READY status and I have to manually trigger it.

Appreciate if you can shed some lights on this.

Cheers!

SF

Former Member
0 Kudos

SF,

Use SMQR transaction in SRM to register the queues. This should help with queue getting stuck often.

Please compare your config settings with OSS note 720819 for delta replication problem.

SG