cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in ECATT

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am creating Ecatt scripts from the solutionmanager 4.0 remotely on an erp2005 system.

The scripts are running after recording. However after a while each script shows the error: Control data is obsolete, rerecord ATT377(VERBS-NAME: CREATEOBJECT CATT: SHOWDATA

Callno: .......)

I tried everything possible, rerecord, different data etc. Nothing seems to work..

Does anybody have an solution?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all!

In my case, the TCD between the MSG blocks worked as mass change in data still gets updated properly. It effectively removed the red lights.

Though, is there any OSS notes for more latest SAP release versions such as SAP_BASIS release 701? I check SAP notes 802475 and 965439 but they are already obsolete for our version.

Please keep me posted on thsi issue.

Best regards.

Niki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer to the note 802475.

It is specified there about the error. This is mainly due to the support packages.

Regards,

Giridhar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm using SolutionManager 3.2 for recording scripts (e.g. for VA01) on a 46C remote system.

When running the scripts on a ECC6.0 clone system

(same data as on he 46C) i very often get that abort error TT377.

The orders are created correctly but at the end of

the script run the error is invoked.

However, with WebAS620 (on SolutionManager3.2)

Message/EndMessage does NOT work for TCD - only for SAPGUI.

Is there no other way than rerecording the transactions

for every system?

former_member585451
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

Message - End Message is an eCATT command and that is not restricted to SAPGUI alone. You can also use it for TCD's also.

Best regards,

Harsha

0 Kudos

HI Harsha ,

Your solution worked for me.

thanks for sharing your idea.

Regards,

Ashok.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Xander,

The errors Control Data Obsolete and Error In Control come due to some mismatch between the recorded script and the execution time bheavior of system.

Try rerecording script once again. Experience says only rerecording can give u success ;-).

Find the following weblog for some tips of recording -

eCATT Tips Of Recording, Testing & Links (Part VIII)

/people/sapna.modi/blog/2006/04/24/ecatt-tips-of-recording-testing-links-part-viii

PS If the answer helps to solve the query, plz do reward points to everyone responding.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the Answer, but this does not solve the problem. The Problem occures on all scripts. The first times the script is executed without error. As soon as I execute it using the configuration the error shows up.

The best thing: afterwards I execute the testscript directly again and the error shows up again. Even after recording or using different Transactions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is possible that the transaction "remembers" that it has been called before and behaves differently the second time it is executed.

Try using the RESCON ( <target_system> ). command before your TCD command in the script. This will reset the RFC connection so that the transaction is always executed in a new session.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried it. The error still comes up.

The trainsaction is being executed correctly. The error first comes at the end of the script.

former_member585451
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Xander,

There is one way I know of going about this problem

In your script include Message & End message blocks (Go to Pattern and in select ALL in Group and MEssage in Command).

You would get something like this:

MESSAGE ( MSG_1 ).

TCD/SAPGUI.

ENDMESSAGE ( E_MSG_1 ).

Double click on MSG_1 and create a new row allowing the error number 377.

In the MODE give 'A' and in the MSGNR give 377. 377 is generally the message number for Control data obselete.

Place all your recording (either TCD or SAPGUI's between the message and end message)

Then, even if you get the error your script wouldnt fail as you are allowing that number, it will give u green log.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Harsha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

allowing ATT377 at TCD with MESSAGE/ENDMESSAGE does solve problems only partially.

If the automated transaction does not rely on the control data causing the error, you can use that way. But if the transaction should use these data, it will hide the error but not execute according to the tests needs.

The only alternative to TCD to overcome "SAPGUI control" problems is to use SAPGUI command in your scripts.

Best regards

Jens