cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syndicating Images

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I know we cannot syndicate images from MDM using Syndicator, only file name gets syndicated. However:

1. Can we syndicate images using API via Portal in a particular folder?

2. If I have defined the variants, can we syndicate the different variants of the image using API (or is it only for Publisher?)

Thanks,

Ketan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ketan

1)Another way export images from Data Manager:

Select "Images" table

select images that planned exporting

open pop-up menu(submenu)

Select "Save Original to Disk"

2) You can use Java API for image syndication

Regards

Kanstantsin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ketan,

I am not sure about Syndicating images using API.

But you can make use of MDM Data Manager to export your images and then put it to particular folder where you want.

Open MDM Data Manger,. Now go to File>Export>select any format(say Text)

A pop-up window will open, Export to text->Remove all fields from Fields to Export to Available fields under field Tab, as you are interesting only in exporting images to particular folder not records.

In other tabs section, mark check-box as tick for Images/PDF files which will enable you Images/PDFs tab above. You can select there Original or thumbnail in Images/PDFs to Expor: column from Available images/PDFs as per your requirement.

You can further select check-box Split into Multiple Files by: option if required.

You can also select check-box Split Images/PDFs into multiple directories by data group if required.

You can further select check-box Split into Multiple directories by: option if required.

You will get folders including Images named as Image_orginal, Image_Thumbnail etc.

Hope this helps..

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ketan,

I have never tried it , So not sure if it works, But i feel it may be achieved and Images can be syndicated using API in a specified Cache Directory.

Please go through section "Working with Binary Large Objects (BLOBs)" of [Java API guide|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmdm71/helpdata/en/72/d36e1ed3ce43028adc851b8fed5668/MDM_Java_Net_API_Guide.pdf] from page no 52 to 58 (specially section "Creating and Using BlobCache" on Page no 55 which explains with code how to set and use Blob Cache.)

Hope it help. Please try it and let us know your findings. Thanks!!!

Regards,

Shiv