Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Remove Multi columns in Detail Section

I'm converting reports from Crystal 8.5 to Crystal 2008. My old report has a detail section with multiple columns, and I want to remove this formatting. The check box in the section format window is grey and can't be changed. What is the magic combination to get the detail section back to no columns?

Former Member
Former Member replied

I came across a solution for this problem on Experts Exchange. It's not quite the same problem but the "Format with Multiple Columns" checkbox is greyed out.

[Crystal Report Labels Print in Single Column instead of 2|http://www.experts-exchange.com/Programming/Languages/.NET/Visual_Studio_.NET_2005/Q_22834531.html]

The accepted answer was to make sure that there was a printer set for the report. If the no printer option is set for the report then the "Format with Multiple Columns" option is greyed out. Not sure if this will solve everyone's prolbems or not but it's worth a try.

For the record I can't reproduce this problem with a report created in CR2008, whether I have a printer set for the report or not set doesn't seem to grey out the checkbox. So take this solution from 2007 with a grain of salt.

Marshall

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question