cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set the JVM Parameter

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to set a JVM Parameter -javaagent:WebContent/WEB-INF/lib/spring-agent.jar

This parameter is to support the AspectJ Loadtime weaving.

Is there any way to pass this JVM parameter for my NetWeaver Application Server?

I tried to add the parameter in AS Java Config tool > VM Parameters > Additional

The server started successfully but my application is still returning exception, saying it is missing the above jar in JVM Parameters

Is there any way to resolve this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok

rolf_paulsen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you really could put the javaagent-jar as startup-parameter for NetWeaver AS, you may get performance issues because every class might go through the weaving-enhancement-process.

Since SAP NetWeaver most likely does not support you to hook into its classloading process for bytecode enhancement, I recommend bytecode weaving at compile/build time. AspectJ does support this, the result at runtime is the same.

Regards

Rolf

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

to my knowledge libraries should not be added to the server via parameters. To deploy your library, which obviously is Spring software, please check [Third party integration|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/opensource-integration?rid=/webcontent/uuid/6000c426-008a-2a10-aeac-9a66ae62edcf]

Regards,

Benny