cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data loading slow in BI server

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

We have installed our BI production server recentlly. while loading data BI functional consultants complain of poor speed. The process which took only few seconds in development and quality system is taking several minutes in the production system even though the production server is a complete dedicated server for the BI production with 32GB RAM. being a basis person Please help us in identifying the issue in the production server which is causing the speed to be so slow in the prod server as the prod server would be used by users who wouldnt like to wait for so long. and what can i do to improve the speed of the servers.

thanks,

Priya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

a production system usually charge more data than a dev or quality. For a comparison all systems should be aligned.

However, there are a lot of parameter (db and sap) for improve the performance on BI system.

But your request is too general to point you to a solution

So, explain us if the problem is on a process chain, infopackage, hub, data from psa...etcetc..

ciao,

Cristian

Former Member
0 Kudos

My process chain is taking long time to load the data.Even If I load data manually in Infocube or DSO, its taking long time to load the data from SAP-R/3 to PSA,where as data load from PSA to Infocube or DSO takes less time. however there's no issue for the same in Dev and QA.

Regards,

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

perform RSRV to address if any in-consistencies and ensure to remove all SM58 based blockages.

Former Member
0 Kudos

loading from PSA takes always less time.

However, is quite generic a time load issue, certainly the production system will have more data so it is not always possible to use development and test as reference.

Anyway, i think you should focus on the tuning (using the SBIW)

For example

on R3 you have to customize the dat aload.

on BW for datamart.

So, in R3

maximal package size in kB (default 10,000 KB)

maximum package size in number of records (Maximum memory consumption per data package is around 2Max. lines1000

Byte)

Frequency of Info IDocs. Default: 1. Recommended: 5 - 10

Max proc. (= maximum number of dialog workprocesses which were

allocated for this dataload for processing extracted data in BW)

in BW

values recomended

Recommended values:

– max size: 20,000 – 50,000 (kbyte)

– max lines: 50,000 – 100,000 (Data lines)

– frequency: 10

– max proc.: 2 – 5

there are a lot of parameters to set, but i suggest you to proceed stepbystep.

ciao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Very generalized question .... You need to analyse all in complexe no general answer are awailable in your situation ...

For example try to analayse are this DB problem, or SAP problem? That are your DB? Are you check the ST03N and ST04 ?

Any other information ? Are you have BASIS ADMIN for example ? Without basis admin SAP should be stand

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can remove oraarc data from BI server for better speed & if you want to keep backup of this data ,than you can write this data on exteranal drive or any other storage media.